Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

teletrade newb question

I bid on my first TT auction tonight. Auction says "Realized price pending". No email yet from TT saying if I won or lost. Auctions been over for almost 15 minutes. Do they send emails letting you know if you lost an auction? Or if I dont see an email soon I should just assume I didnt win? How long do they usually take to send out notice of an auction won?
I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Go in to your accounts section and check to see if you won.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    Thanks image

Dont know my way around there yet (obviously). Going to check now.

Edited: nope lost.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options
    They are starting to show now. Half of mine show won now. Just give it some time. I for one won quite a few tonight. image I think I did ok. Hardest thing for me being new to this is knowing if I am paying too much.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They are starting to show now. Half of mine show won now. Just give it some time. >>

If he won, it's in the account section by now.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    It should be unless the seller exercised a buy back option in which case, you won't see a realized price! I've been down that road!

BTW, prices on Teletrade have been way over the top lately! I haven't been able to "pay the most" for something in a couple of weeks!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    The prices do get a bit high but I just bid GS Bid and some times if I really want it I'll go Ask.
    I like the Tele cause you ain't got to wait five or more days to win something. Alan at Cheap
    Slabs learned me about them.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh.....bid on 3 tonight and won 2 with "quick bids".
    To me, I call a "quick bid" one that I haven't given much thought to, is probably a little lower than I would normally go, but I want to get a stake in the ground in case I miss the rest of the auction.

Got a Roosie for my son and his set and a nicely (I think) toned Frankie. I want to see these in hand (along with the one from last Weds) so I can start judging their photos compared to coin in hand, so I know what I am looking at.

I was surprised to see that I had won 2 (came back in 6 minutes after the auction close image ... was over at a neighbor's who was shooting off fireworks for the kids...then gave him a copy of SceneIt for the Xbox360 and ended up chatting about 20 minutes longer than I planned)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file