Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Kennedy half boxes?? Silver?

I picking up a 500$ bag of kennedy halves from my bank today.. I want to look for 40% of 90% silver halves. Think there is any chance or will they be all new coins.. Anything else to look for during the afternoon sort?

Comments

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Please let us know what you find in the bag.

One never knows what goodies may lurk within

the bag.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Think there is any chance or will they be all new coins..

No. Most likely they are returns from someone else's coin searching. That's all that halves do.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of a bag?? I thought these were rolls in a box??

Nevermind, I reread the post and your picking them up.

They'll be in a box.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Just to add to my post, you have as good a chance as anybody of getting 40% or 90% halves!

If they are new ones though, they'll be 2000 or older. If they are older, they sell well! Especially early 90's.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    1965 - 1970 40% Silver coins

1964...............90% Silver

All halves before 1964 Silver

1776 -1976 Silver Bicentenial ( Only 2 known so far))

1974-D Double die ( Trust is doubled especially RUS) AU about $50 - $15

1982 NO FG ( FG initials of designer missing from reverse) Worth $3 - $ 5

1983 NO FG "

1990 NO FG

There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just to add to my post, you have as good a chance as anybody of getting 40% or 90% halves!

If they are new ones though, they'll be 2000 or older. If they are older, they sell well! Especially early 90's. >>

Actually Lee, you are wrong on that.
    I was doing this for awhile, the last few years, and 1 time I picked up 2 sealed boxes from my BofA branch. I always got their sealed boxes as the tellers would look for the silver as well if it was just in a normal roll.

Usually, I got a mishmash mix of halves. One day, when I got those 2 boxes, I opened them up. 100% of one box, and 95% of the other, were 100% BU 2001-D halves.
    Little known, but 2001-D halves were actually released for circulation (late but they were released).

I still have some of those rolls though I opened the rest and poured them into the CU's little coin hopper.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Bochi, would you be willing to part with one of those 2001-D rolls?

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell ya what, Lee, I only kept a few so PM me with your info and I will let it go for face ($10) plus shipping (not sure what that is yet).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file