Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

The "7070 Tag" for May 2007 - Update

EDITED 4/20/07:

If you want in on the 7070 tag, please sign up in this thread if you have not already done so, or send me a pm. For those who did not participate in the "Focus on Classics" tag, I will need some personal info from you to qualify you, whcih can be handled via pm's or e-mail.

I'll shoot for a May launch.

Guidelines to follow in a later post, but the theme will be to enhance our 7070's, with some other pre 1900 coins allowed in for variety. Some coins in the 7070 will be on the "no fly" list, such as Jeffersons, clad, etc., and I'll post details later. But the idea is to put coins in the tag that we all seem to like.

Thanks Musky for posting the pics of the 7070!

======================================================

The "Focus on Classics" tag went really well, and many of you pm'd me expressing interest in another tag. I did not get a large enough response on the "Focus on Commems", so I'll open the floor to theme suggestions for another tag. The rules will be similar, with some tweaking on valuation formulas. I think we had some nice dialog amongst the participants and everybody was satisfied with the coins they got.

My observations about the tag:

1. PCGS coins were far more popular
2. Morgans were well liked
3. Bust coins went lightning fast
4. It seemed most people wanted coins valued at less than $200
5. Any rattler was wanted
6. BB and cleaned coins were not wanted - and I wonder if the price should be discounted more

So, please post your thoughts here, or if you prefer, shoot me a pm. I'll shoot to launch in May, and I'm looking for ten participants.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Count me in on the next tag. This last one was a blast.

Millertime
  • I am so new to this, the last trade was my first. however I noted that some coins ARE wanted more than others, while that in itself is not new news, an idea that maybe somehow when one coin goes in the trade list that is really wanted by someone who's turn is not next, that there be someway he or she could get that coin by posting a higher bid for it than what it was listed, or offering a trade for just that one coin out of turn. I guess that under those terms an open auction would have to be started by the host ?????? How about everyone just listing coins that they want to trade under the terms and price structure that a host puts out in the rules.
    Now I will admit that this is far out and that there might not be anyway it can be alowed, but if it could be accomadated somehow, it would really pump up the trade values, and the interests in the inventory all the way along not just before it becomes your turn.

sorry I have just gone on without really thinking anything out.

Greg
    I've been trying to come up with some different ideas but there's not anything I can think of to improve the last tag.

I traded for items ranging from $20 - $400. I could have used silver, cash, or trades (slabbed or raw). There was a wide range of items, maybe a few more half cents, large cents or half dimes would have been neat.

Anyways Like I said earlier count me in on whatever you do next.

Millertime

• slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    I am new at the tags/swaps/pairings but am interested. I have mostly PCGS certified, a few raw and interesting. Let me know what I need to do.
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

<< <i>n idea that maybe somehow when one coin goes in the trade list that is really wanted by someone who's turn is not next, that there be someway he or she could get that coin by posting a higher bid for it than what it was listed, or offering a trade for just that one coin out of turn. >>

Hey, I'm inimage and all open to ideas or suggestions.
    Maybe as the "box" goes around, and when the person posts his takings and givings, an "open period" of a day or 2, or maybe til the box arrives at it's new destination, where previous box reciepients, or even the not yet reciepients could make offers on "stuff". It might not be feasable, but sounds interestingimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    count me in!!!

Tag poposition: Dollars or Bust!!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Bust,Seated material
    Large Cents
    1/2 Cents
    3 cent nickels
    3 cent silvers
    2 cent
    20 cents
    trade dollars
    morgans

any type coin for a 7070

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
    I like the "7070" tag!!

Millertime
  • BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    I'd no doubt be in. I was a big fan of the last tag and the way it was run. No doubt there was no lack of quality. The 7070 idea sounds fun.
    7070 and I'm in

Should be fun

Jim

• headsplitter2headsplitter2 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    I'm confused.
    What's a 7070 Album? image

Headsplitter2
    JD

"Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner

<< <i>I'm confused.
    What's a 7070 Album? image

Headsplitter2
    JD >>

Dansco 7070 Type Album. If I recall correctly there's 77 slots in the album without the gold page.

Millertime

7070 sounds like a blast, I'm in!!!image, and just happen to have my non-politically correct Dansco in hand!! You don't have to have an album, it is for "type" coins
    AKA kokimoki
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone post a pic of the 7070pages , or list all of the "holes" in it?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    imageimage

WoW Muskie, we just about need all the same coins!!!imageimage Nice set there my friendimage
    AKA kokimoki
    So far, I have the following signed up and approved for the "7070 tag"

Approved vets:
    1. Millertime
    2. DocMortar
    3. BRdude
    4. eyoung429
    5. Musky1011
    6. BigJohnD
    7. Boom (he could not resist)
    8. ajia

Approved newbies:
    9. slipgate
    10. johnk

Approval in process:
    11. Just makes cents

I'll establish the batting order and work up some guidelines. If anyone who participated in the "Focus on Classics" tag wants in, please post here or send me a pm.

Any objection if I put some PCGS/NGC Morgans and some commems into the box to start?

Anybody else?image

• I'm im ifm it's ok

johnk
    pm sent to johnk!

• BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Might as well put me in too.

I like BBd stuff! imageimage

I'm IN but don't put me last! Hmmmmm, but now that I think about it! image
  • JustMakesCentsJustMakesCents Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    PM Sent
  • PM sent
    The doctor is in, and he don't doctor coins.

Mr. SLQ, ctgreatone, requested to pass on the tag.

If anybody who participated in the "Focus on Classics" tag wants in, send me a pm.

• ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.
    Augie, you are in!

JB

• holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    I would be interested in the 7070 tag.

Pm me with what to do.

Update:

So, I have not forgotten about starting this tag, but got tied up with getting home remodel on the road to completion. My goal is to have the guidelines drafted this week and the tag shipped before the Long Beach show at the end of May.

• BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Man, my Grandmaw saw s l o w ...... BUT SHE WAS OLD!! image

And, OLD MAN, as for THIS statement..... << 6. BB and cleaned coins were not wanted - and I wonder if the price should be discounted more >>

image You just may want to rethink that!

I DO ..... I DO!!

"What's that you say Shonny?" Nobody like Body Bagged coins? I LUV 'EM! image

Yeah, yeah, discount them even more! Yeah, Yeah!!image
    Boom, have you been rassilin' your pet gators again? One of 'em must have whacked you in the head with it's tail!

I think you will agree it will be worth the wait when the box arrives.....