Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What twisted language questions have you had from overseas?

Here's an example of a question from France I received today that had me chuckling:

good evening, the spawning times of sends for France is how much thank you for your answer cordially

My first thought was of an irish coin with fish... but such was not the case-simply a French mint set.image
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"spawning times" >>

I'm really chuckling at the thoughts....
  • Options
    I guess he used a translation software. Maybe you can also use a translation software to revere to type. image
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    It is amazing how brutal some overseas collectors can be the the English language!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Made me think about this warning label from a Korean BB gun:

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Made me think about this warning label from a Korean BB gun:

image >>

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Dear Sir or Macadamia:

Please to enslabbing this aforementioned Morgan silver talero, with the State of Mint 65 or 66?

Also, the Barber half dollar: is 50-cent face value including both haircut and shave?

With warmest solicitations,

• Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349

<< <i>Dear Sir or Macadamia:

Please to enslabbing this aforementioned Morgan silver talero, with the State of Mint 65 or 66?

Also, the Barber half dollar: is 50-cent face value including both haircut and shave?

With warmest solicitations, >>

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From engrish.com...

Chocolate Collon

round little tubes with chocolate inside...hmmmm, yep that's what it looks like.

They taste quite good though image

• Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Pellets of wisdom from Cathy, the Doc. image
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com