Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is PSA/DNA worth it when selling?

Is the hassle and the money worth it to get something authenticated when selling on Ebay. My feedback is 99.8% with a rating of 1754. I have never used PSA/DNA, so I have no idea how the process works (I have had cards graded many times). I have acquired some Cal Ripken memorabilia. Included are a nice batting glove signed by Ripken, a 1991 Topps Desert Shield signed by Ripken, an autographed postcard, and two other baseball cards signed by Ripken. I am not sure what these would sell for - authenticated or not. I am just wondering if it is worth the money and the hassle. I have no doubt that these are authentic. I realize that they won't bring as much as they would if they were authenticated, but will the items bring enough (authenticated) to offset the cost.

I also have Nolan Ryan card (big card by the Forest Service) while he was with the Rangers that is autographed. Same question applies.

Opinions needed.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    I think authentication is a must. There is so much fraud out there, it is hard for me to believe that anyone will pay decent money without it. But, of course, in reality, how reliable is PSA/DNA? I guess if the market supports it, it is reliable.
    No matter what your feedback is, if someone doesn't know you, then how reliable is it?
    Regards
    Gary
    We are always better off than we deserve. image
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "I have no doubt that these are authentic."

/////////////////////////////////////////////

When your items come back from PSA/DNA,
    your potential buyer will have no doubt either.

storm image
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really depends on the item. Personally, I think the cost of authenticating an autograph using PSA/DNA is too expensive to bother sometimes.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I would compare ended prices for Ripken auto's authenticated versus not authenticated. that should tell you if the psa/dna fees are worth it.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I would say so. Ripken items are among the most forged items on eBay. You will do much better with PSA/DNA's L of A then you would without it.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an example. This cards went for $37 with no COA at all. If it were authenticated by PSA/DNA, would the fees have been worth it?

Ripken auto

Also, I need some clarification one fees. On the PSA website, it says that there is a $20 fee for auto authentication and/or grading of a card. Yet, on the PSA/DNA site, the fees are different for each player. Ripken is $30. So, if I have a autographed card that I want authenticated, is it $20 or $30?

Also, when autographed baseballs are GRADED, it the autograph itself graded, or is it the condition of the ball?

Shane

• Options
    IMHO, there are NO authenticators that are 100% accurate. There was a scandle no long ago regarding items that were authenticated by all of the major services out there and all of them looked at the same items (10 total i think) 5 were fake......no one was 100% accurate. Not even Upper Deck can be trusted because they had a card that was a sig. cut of Ruth, Young, Matthewson and Wagner......Ruth and Wagner were fake.....
    Check out our great selection of sports memorabilia and autographs www.dssports.ca

Check out my ebay auctions!
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdssportscdaQQhtZ-1
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I am wondering the same thing. I just got back a 1976 Nolan Ryan PSA/DNA that also graded a PSA 8. I have others to send but the cards are not in great condition.
    I notice some recent PSA/DNA Ryans only sold for $28-$35. After paying 20 bucks it doesn't really seem worthwhile if you are planning to sell them.
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Depending on what you're having authenticated, you will almost always make up what you spent on authentication fees and a few dollars profit, but there's a catch.

Know the value of the items you're thinking about submitting unauthenticated and authenticated. An autographed Cal Ripken signed card might sell for $20 raw. A slabbed PSA/DNA Ripken card might sell for $45, but do you really want to spend the time to package up, submit and wait around a few weeks for that card to come back, only to make $25 more? Especially when the authentication fee and slabbing fee for the Ripken will be $30 plus s/h?

Then there's always the chance that the autograph you're submitting might come back as no good.

For something like a Babe Ruth or Ty Cobb auto, authenticating makes sense. For resale of items valued at $50 and less, you really have to do your research.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options

<< <i>Here is an example. This cards went for $37 with no COA at all. If it were authenticated by PSA/DNA, would the fees have been worth it?

Ripken auto

Also, I need some clarification one fees. On the PSA website, it says that there is a $20 fee for auto authentication and/or grading of a card. Yet, on the PSA/DNA site, the fees are different for each player. Ripken is $30. So, if I have a autographed card that I want authenticated, is it $20 or $30?

Also, when autographed baseballs are GRADED, it the autograph itself graded, or is it the condition of the ball? >>

PSA/DNA charges $30 to authenticate the signature on the card, but if you want that card slabbed, it's an additional $10, so you're looking at $40 to slab your Ripken signature.

PSA/DNA will grade the autograph AND the condition of the ball if you're submitting an autographed baseball to be graded. The price for this service is $25, which means, your autographed Ripken baseball will cost you $55 plus s/h.

• Options

<< <i>PSA/DNA charges $30 to authenticate the signature on the card, but if you want that card slabbed, it's an additional $10, so you're looking at $40 to slab your Ripken signature. >>

Then why does it say on the PSA site (where it gives all the fees and different service levels) that they will grade and authenticate autographed cards earlier than 1998 for $20?

Shane

• Options
    If you have a 2005 Topps Finest Cal Ripken autographed insert card, it's $20 to slab it. If your card is a 1988 Topps card that you had Cal autograph, slabbing it would be $40 ($30 for authentication, $10 for slabbing). Believe me, this new policy PSA/DNA put in REALLY ticked off a lot of autographed card collectors, and has certainly affected how I submit cards to be authenticated by PSA/DNA.
    PSA/DNA policy for cards

PSA/DNA Submission Update: Autograph Encapsulation

- March 24, 2006

The encapsulation of autographs such as checks, cuts, index cards, unlicensed cards, and the like has become a very popular service at PSA/DNA. Due to its increasing popularity, we have created an entirely new look for this service. Effective immediately, all autographs that are sent in for this service such as signature cuts, album pages, index cards, checks, uncatalogued cards, etc. will receive a unique blue PSA/DNA label. This will replace the red PSA label currently utilized for trading card and ticket grading.

Effective May 1st, 2006 these items must be submitted under PSA/DNA Authentication services. Be sure to submit the above items on a separate PSA/DNA submission form from other memorabilia.

Catalogued trading cards and tickets will need to be submitted on a separate PSA submission form.

To ensure that these items are processed in an efficient manner, please take note of the following:

1. Encapsulation, if you choose the service, is now included in the full PSA/DNA authentication fee for those items with an authentication fee of $50 or more. Those items under $50, encapsulation is only $10. Please refer to the autograph authentication chart for more information, www.psadna.com/fees.chtml. Please make sure to clearly mark the appropriate box for encapsulation on the submission form.
    2. Please remember that if encapsulation is selected, the submitter will forgo the certificate or letter.
    3. If the customer chooses, they may request both encapsulation and the certificate or letter of authenticity for an additional fee of $10.
    4. All autographs submitted for encapsulation must be submitted as a separate order from items not to be encapsulated (separate shipping fees apply). This will ensure more efficient processing.
    5. Please note that encapsulation is available for items that fit in holders currently available. For additional information, please contact Customer Service.

We hope you enjoy this increasingly popular service and, by following the steps listed above, your items will be processed in the most efficient manner. If you have any additional questions, please contact one of our customer service representatives toll-free at (800) 325-1121.

• Options
    When the above says - "unlicensed cards", does that mean the CARD is unlicensed, or the AUTOGRAPH is unlicensed?

Also, if that is true about your example of a 2005 Finest Ripken Auto being $20 - I may be in trouble. I just sent in a 2001 Finest Pujols Auto in with a "modern" level submission. It is entered, but my grades haven't posted. What will happen in this instance? Sorry about all of the questions, but I have never dealt with auto'd cards and PSA before.

Edited to say - The above article talks about "catelogued" and "uncatelogued" cards. I wonder if that means that if the card is auto'd, but isn't a standard issued card, then it has to have the blue label, and if it is a standard issue auto'd (not certified) then it gets the red label????????

Shane

• Options

<< <i>When the above says - "unlicensed cards", does that mean the CARD is unlicensed, or the AUTOGRAPH is unlicensed?

Also, if that is true about your example of a 2005 Finest Ripken Auto being $20 - I may be in trouble. I just sent in a 2001 Finest Pujols Auto in with a "modern" level submission. It is entered, but my grades haven't posted. What will happen in this instance? Sorry about all of the questions, but I have never dealt with auto'd cards and PSA before. >>

When they say "unlicensed cards," they mean cards that were not factory issued autographed cards - meaning regular issue cards like 1985 Topps or whatever that weren't autographed, but YOU had autographed by the respective athlete.

Now if you have a card like 2000 Autographs basketball (I'm just making stuff up), that will qualify for the $20 authentication, which is really just slabbing the card. The $20 charge for slabbing a card is in effect for all cards made after 1998. If you had a 1996 Autographics Grant Hill card you wanted authenticated, it's my understanding that it will have to go through their authentication fee for Grant Hill ($30?) and the $10 slabbing fee instead of the $20 flat rate charge.

It's confusing, I know. That's why your best bet is to call up PSA/DNA before submitting to make sure.

As for your Pujols 2001 Finest, is the card a Topps issued autographed card? or was the card a regular issued card signed by Albert later? If it's the latter, I have a feeling you'll be hearing from PSA soon.

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I think you have some confusion as to how PSA/DNA works for auto/card grading.

If your card is certified by the company and produced on or after 1998, only standard PSA card grading prices are used. The card is not PSA/DNA certified because they assume that the companies have.

If your card is autographed but not company certified, if after 1998, or any auto card prior to 1998, then you pay $20.

I generally go in with a few people on PSA/DNA card submission and we get a discount rate. You must have over 100 cards to get a discount. Right now we are paying $15 per card with our submissions. We have submitted many cards, mainly all HOFer's (some dead) and many big names. We have never had to pay more than $15.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have more questions.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    By unlicesned cards they are revering to cards that are not league or player union approved.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>

If your card is autographed but not company certified, if after 1998, or any auto card prior to 1998, then you pay $20.

>>

That's not how it's worked for me.

I can guarantee you, if you tried to submit a 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth signed card under the $20 submission tier, they WILL be calling you up and telling you it's a $150 charge.

• Options
    But didnt you use an 1996 Grant Hill not a 1933 Babe Ruth as your example?

I am sorry I put my 2 cents worth in here. Obivously I know nothing of what I am talking about.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    From fee schedule:

"AUTOGRAPHED CARD "GRADING AND AUTHENTICATION"
    Customer has the option to select With Grade or *No Grade.
    (*No grade is assigned but card is authenticated and encapsulated.)"

"$20 per card
    Autographed cards with a declared value under $500.00.
    ** Autographed cards dated pre-1998 and/or those not directly from manufacturer must be sent through the Autographed Card Grading and Authentication Service (fee may vary on card value, see listed restrictions and requirements)."

"20 BUSINESS DAYS Guaranteed*"

I gues your Grant Hill (as per example) or the Cal Ripken would fit as long as the declared value is under $500.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    heres a PSA link.

Link
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    From PSA FAQ page:

Q: Which autographed cards are required to be sent in using the Autographed Card Grading & Authentication Service?
    A: This service level is for autographed cards dated pre-1998 and/or those not directly from the manufacturer must be submitted through Autographed Card Grading and Authentication Service (fee may vary depending on card value). Autographed cards directly from the manufacturer from 1998 to present may be submitted through the other service levels depending on value.

Note: No where does it say the fee depends on who the player is for cards. Fee only depends on the value of the card itself.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    That is what I was thinking. The only seeming contradiction (at least in my mind) is the $20 for my 1991 Topps Desert Storm Cal Ripken autographed and the $30 for my batting glove autographed. It does say in the card grading section that it is $20 as long as the card is valued at less than $500. And on the PSA/DNA site, the fee for a Cal Ripken autograph is $30.

So, can we say that my Desert Storm card will cost me $20 to grade, authenticate the autograph, and to encapsulate? And, can we say that it will cost $30 to authenticate my batting glove?

Dabighurt,

This seems to contradict your posts. What is your thoughts on jradke4's and my observations?

Shane

• Options

<< <i>But didnt you use an 1996 Grant Hill not a 1933 Babe Ruth as your example?

I am sorry I put my 2 cents worth in here. Obivously I know nothing of what I am talking about. >>

The reason I brought up the 1996 Grant Hill autographics card was because it was made prior to the 1998 rule PSA has in place right now.

The reason I brought up the Goudey Babe Ruth was to refute your claim that $20 is some flat rate PSA applies to all autographed cards.

Frank,

You can get the opinions of everyone you want, but it's not going to matter one bit unless you get clearification from PSA themselves. In MY experience, prior to their new rule initiated in May of this year, you were able to submit anything you wanted for slabbing for a mere $20. That "loophole" was changed because people were submitting Mickey Mantle cards and having them slabbed for only $20. Today, I guarantee you, you will HAVE to pay $75 for the same process.

If Jrdake can still get a bunch of cards made prior to 1998 authenticated and slabbed for $20, and $15 for bulk rates, that's certainly news to me, because I have a bunch of cards I wouldn't mind submitting for authentication.

• Options
    Yes it should only cost you $20 for the card. Not sure on the battling glove.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    DaBigHurt,

Here was our last submission. All were $15. See dates. This was submitted mid June. There is a mix of pre and post 1998. Some company produced with Autos, other auto'd in person. In MY experince this is what you can still get as of June.

04487491 1992 PROLINE PROFILES 5 WARREN MOON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    2 04487492 1992 PROLINE PROFILES 6 ART SHELL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    3 04487493 1992 PROLINE PROFILES 8 JOE GIBBS N/A 8
    4 04487494 1990 SWELL GREATS 128 PETE ROZELLE N/A Not Holdered, Questionable Authentication
    5 04487495 1990 SWELL GREATS 128 PETE ROZELLE N/A Not Holdered, Questionable Authentication
    6 04487496 1991 PROLINE PORTRAITS JOHN ELWAY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    7 04487497 1991 PROLINE PORTRAITS 8 STEVE YOUNG PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    8 04487498 1993 PROLINE LIVE TROY AIKMAN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Not Holdered, Questionable Authentication
    9 04487499 1994 PROLINE LIVE JACKIE SLATER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8
    10 04487500 1994 PROLINE LIVE RONNIE LOTT PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    11 04487501 1995 PRO LINE JIM KELLY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    12 04487502 1958 TOPPS 70 JACK CHRISTIANSEN N/A 7
    13 04487503 1960 TOPPS 72 CHARLEY CONERLY N/A 6
    14 04487504 1975 TOPPS 402 RAYFIELD WRIGHT N/A 8
    15 04487505 1979 TOPPS 298 RON YARY N/A 8
    16 04487506 1957 TOPPS 35 EMLEN TUNNELL N/A 4
    17 04487507 1971 TOPPS 24 JIM JOHNSON N/A 5
    18 04487508 1971 TOPPS 189 DAVE WILCOX N/A 6
    19 04487509 1971 TOPPS 157 LEROY KELLY N/A 6
    20 04487510 1983 TOPPS 363 JACK LAMBERT N/A 9
    21 04487511 1981 TOPPS 272 ELVIN BETHEA N/A 7
    22 04487512 1988 SWELL GREATS 109 ERNIE STAUTNER N/A 6
    23 04487513 1988 SWELL GREATS 97 CLARENCE PARKER N/A 7
    24 04487514 1988 SWELL GREATS 40 TOM FEARS N/A 8
    25 04487515 1988 SWELL GREATS 44 SID GILLMAN N/A 6
    26 04487516 1988 SWELL GREATS 66 YALE LARY N/A 7
    27 04487517 1988 SWELL GREATS 88 GEORGE MUSSO N/A 7
    28 04487518 1988 SWELL GREATS 130 WILLIE LANIER N/A 8
    29 04487519 1990 SWELL GREATS 36 WILLIE WOOD N/A 8
    30 04487520 1990 SWELL GREATS 100 BILL WILLIS N/A 9
    31 04487521 1990 SWELL GREATS 140 JIM LANGER N/A 8
    32 04487522 1990 SWELL GREATS 153 BOB ST. CLAIR N/A 9
    33 04487523 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 44 BILL DUDLEY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 6
    34 04487524 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 10 SID LUCKMAN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Not Holdered, Questionable Authentication
    35 04487525 1989 PRO SET 34 MARV LEVY N/A 7
    36 04487526 1989 PRO SET 30 BILL WALSH ANNOUNCER INSERTS 7
    37 04487527 1991 UPPER DECK 124 JOHN ELWAY N/A 9
    38 04487528 1990 PRO SET 75 WILLIE DAVIS SUPER BOWL 160 10
    39 04487529 1990 PRO SET 56 FORREST GREGG SUPER BOWL 160 5
    40 04487530 1990 PRO SET 88 NICK BUONICONTI SUPER BOWL 160 8
    41 04487531 1990 PRO SET 66 LARRY LITTLE SUPER BOWL 160 8
    42 04487532 1990 PRO SET 786 AL DAVIS RAIDERS STAY IN L.A. Not Holdered, Questionable Authentication
    43 04487533 1990 SCORE 597 TOM LANDRY N/A 8
    44 04487534 2000 TOPPS H.O.F. DAN ROONEY INDUCTEE CARD 7
    45 04487535 1991 ENOR 115 JIM PARKER PRO FOOTBALL H.O.F. 8
    46 04487536 1991 ENOR 44 FRANK GATSKI PRO FOOTBALL H.O.F. 8
    47 04487537 1994 TOPPS 1957 ARCHIVES 5 GINO MARCHETTI N/A 6
    48 04487538 1994 TOPPS ARCHIVES 44 JOE SCHMIDT 1956 REPRINT 7
    49 04487539 1994 TOPPS ARCHIVES 8 LOU CREEKMUR 1956 REPRINT 8
    50 04487540 1994 TOPPS ARCHIVES 96 STAN JONES 1957 REPRINT 7
    51 04487541 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 26 WILLIE BROWN N/A 9
    52 04487542 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 32 LEM BARNEY N/A 9
    53 04487543 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 46 BOB LILLY N/A 8
    54 04487544 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 115 MIKE HAYNES N/A 8
    55 04487545 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 65 GENE UPSHAW N/A 7
    56 04487546 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 62 JACKIE SMITH N/A 8
    57 04487547 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 86 DAVE CASPER N/A 8
    58 04487548 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 57 JIM OTTO N/A 8
    59 04487549 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 21 LANCE ALWORTH N/A 10
    60 04487550 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 69 RANDY WHITE N/A 8
    61 04487551 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 72 JACK HAM N/A 8
    62 04487552 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 70 LARRY WILSON N/A 9
    63 04487553 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 102 CARL ELLER N/A 8
    64 04487554 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 10 GALE SAYERS N/A 8
    65 04487555 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 99 ERIC DICKERSON N/A 8
    66 04487556 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 39 ELROY HIRSCH N/A 8
    67 04487557 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 53 MARION MOTLEY N/A 8
    68 04487558 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 52 RON MIX N/A 8
    69 04487559 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. 66 TOM LANDRY N/A 8
    70 04487560 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. 71 HANK STRAM N/A 7
    71 04487561 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. 68 JOHN MADDEN N/A 8
    72 04487562 1994 PROLINE LIVE DERRICK THOMAS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    73 04487563 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 6 FRANCO HARRIS N/A 8
    74 04487564 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 7 DAN FOUTS N/A 7
    75 04487565 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 8 STEVE LARGENT N/A 8
    76 04487566 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 10 GALE SAYERS N/A 9
    77 04487567 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 11 ROGER STAUBACH N/A 8
    78 04487568 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 13 FRAN TARKENTON N/A 8
    79 04487569 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 14 CHARLEY TAYLOR N/A 9
    80 04487570 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 18 FRED BILETNIKOFF N/A 9
    81 04487571 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 20 LEN DAWSON N/A 8
    82 04487572 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 22 CHUCK BEDNARIK N/A 8
    83 04487573 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 23 RAYMOND BERRY N/A 9
    84 04487574 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 24 DONNIE SHELL N/A 5
    85 04487575 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 25 MEL BLOUNT N/A 8
    86 04487576 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 30 ART DONOVAN N/A 5
    87 04487577 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 36 MIKE ROZIER N/A 6
    88 04487578 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 37 LOU GROZA N/A 8
    89 04487579 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 38 TED HENDRICKS N/A 9
    90 04487580 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 40 PAUL HORNUNG N/A 9
    91 04487581 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 41 CHARLIE JOINER N/A 8
    92 04487582 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 42 DEACON JONES N/A 8
    93 04487583 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 43 BILL BRADLEY N/A 9
    94 04487584 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 44 FLOYD LITTLE N/A 8
    95 04487585 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 46 BOB LILLY N/A 8
    96 04487586 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 49 DON MAYNARD N/A 8
    97 04487587 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 50 MIKE McCORMACK N/A 7
    98 04487588 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 51 BOBBY MITCHELL N/A 8
    99 04487589 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 55 MARK DUPER N/A 7
    100 04487590 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 57 JIM OTTO N/A 5
    101 04487591 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 58 ALAN PAGE N/A 8
    102 04487592 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 61 LEE ROY SELMON N/A 8
    103 04487593 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 63 ART SHELL N/A 8
    104 04487594 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 66 Y.A. TITTLE N/A 9
    105 04487595 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 67 PAUL WARFIELD N/A 8
    106 04487596 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 68 KELLEN WINSLOW N/A 7
    107 04487597 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 69 RANDY WHITE N/A 8
    108 04487598 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 73 JACK YOUNGBLOOD N/A 7
    109 04487599 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 74 DANNY ABRAMOWICZ N/A 7
    110 04487600 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 75 DICK ANDERSON N/A 8
    111 04487601 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 76 KEN ANDERSON N/A 8
    112 04487602 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 77 STEVE BARTKOWSKI N/A 7
    113 04487603 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 78 BILL BERGEY N/A 9
    114 04487604 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 79 ROCKY BLEIER N/A 8
    115 04487605 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 80 CLIFF BRANCH N/A 8
    116 04487606 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 81 JOHN BRODIE N/A 8
    117 04487607 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 82 BOBBY BELL N/A 9
    118 04487608 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 178 JOE MONTANA N/A 9
    119 04487609 1989 FLEER STICKER 3 MICHAEL JORDAN N/A Not Holdered, Questionable Authentication
    120 04487610 1987 TOPPS 366 MARK McGWIRE N/A 6
    121 04487611 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 50 BILL WILLIS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 6
    122 04487612 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 38 BRUISER KINARD PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 7
    123 04487613 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 32 BULLDOG TURNER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 6
    124 04487614 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 28 CHARLEY TRIPPI PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    125 04487615 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 44 BILL DUDLEY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 4
    126 04487616 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 40 ACE PARKER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 5
    127 04487617 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 6 GEORGE McAFEE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    128 04487618 1996 LASERVIEW INSCRIP JIM KELLY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    129 04487619 1996 LASERVIEW INSCRIP WARREN MOON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 10
    130 04487620 1997 PINN.INSCRIPTIONS JOHN ELWAY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 10
    131 04487621 1997 PINN.INSCRIPTIONS BARRY SANDERS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 10
    132 04487622 1997 PINN.INSCRIPTIONS JOHN ELWAY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 10
    133 04487623 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 65 GENE UPSHAW N/A 7
    134 04487624 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 50 MIKE McCORMACK N/A 9
    135 04487625 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 16 JIM RINGO N/A 8
    136 04487626 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 66 Y.A. TITTLE N/A 9
    137 04487627 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 169 DWIGHT STEPHENSON N/A 6
    138 04487628 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 69 RANDY WHITE N/A 6
    139 04487629 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 33 HUGH McELHENNY N/A 8
    140 04487630 1993 STADIUM CLUB JERRY RICE MEM. ONLY-RECORD BREAKER 8
    141 04487631 1991 ENOR 124 BOB ST. CLAIR PRO FOOTBALL H.O.F. 3
    142 04487632 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. 68 JOHN MADDEN N/A 8
    143 04487633 1957 TOPPS 96 STAN JONES N/A 6

Date Received: 06/14/2006
    Date of Grades Posted: 07/14/2006
    Date Shipped: 07/14/2006

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Jrad,

That's very interesting and thank you for posting the submission results. When I inquired about submitting signed Mickey Mantle cards for authentication/slabbing, I was told it was $75 and that's what I wound up paying. The value for the Mantle signed cards were around $250 and made prior to 1998, and were Topps issues.

• Options
    Jradke is absolutely correct. This submission of mine just received today. I paid the $20 fee due to only 18 cards, but I will be submitting with Greg and Jradke and whoever else on the next combined submission. Big Hurt, check out the NFL HOF autograph thread, you should be able to get with Greg for the next submission. Kurt

1 06478830 1989 SWELL GREATS 113 WILLIE DAVIS N/A 5
    2 06478831 1990 MICHIGAN 63 J. DeLAMIELLEURE COLLEGIATE COLLECTION 8
    3 06478832 1989 SWELL GREATS 30 BILL DUDLEY N/A 5
    4 06478833 1990 SWELL GREATS 40 LAMAR HUNT N/A 7
    5 06478834 1991 SCORE 671 STAN JONES N/A 8
    6 06478835 1978 TOPPS 70 JIM LANGER ALL-PRO 7
    7 06478836 1990 SWELL GREATS 75 GEORGE McAFEE N/A 8
    8 06478837 1973 TOPPS 461 JIM OTTO N/A 8OC
    9 06478838 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 57 JIM OTTO N/A 8
    10 06478839 1990 SWELL GREATS 92 ACE PARKER N/A 8
    11 06478840 1990 SWELL GREATS 112 JIM RINGO N/A 8
    12 06478841 1997 PLAYOFF ZONE 18 BARRY SANDERS N/A Not Holdered, Questionable Authentication
    13 06478842 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 62 JACKIE SMITH N/A 8
    14 06478843 1994 TOPPS ARCHIVES 92 ERNIE STAUTNER 1957 REPRINT 6
    15 06478844 1994 TOPPS ARCHIVES 18 BOB ST. CLAIR 1957 REPRINT 8
    16 06478845 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. 71 HANK STRAM N/A 6
    17 06478846 1990 SWELL GREATS 28 STEVE VAN BUREN N/A 7
    18 06478847 1997 U.D. LEGENDS 130 BILL WALSH N/A 8

Date Received: 08/30/2006
    Date of Grades Posted: 09/27/2006
    Date Shipped: 09/28/2006

Currently working on Football HOF Autographs, 1999 SP Signatures and other on the card autograph sets
  • Options
    Jradke/Greg,

Could one of you please PM or e-mail me on the bulk football PSA/DNA submission thread? I looked around for it, but could not track it down and I am very interested in getting in on the next submission. I have a stack of HOF autographs that I have been wanting to submit. Thanks.

Ken
    ken_ams@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Its not a PSA/DNA submission thread. Look for FB HOFer Auto Set thread in the Set Regis. board.

Right now its on page 2. Official NFL HOF autograph set thread??? is the title.

We probably wont send in a submission until late Nov/early Dec. At least that is what most of us have agreed to.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's