Home Metal Detecting
Options

Beauty & the Beast

OK, the Escondido Creamery token is the Beast, this MD find is the Beauty, the best condition barber that I've ever found, 8" down in a Maine park, see here:

Comments

• Options
    Jeez that's an incredible find. Awesome coin snook!
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Nice find Snook! Are you from Maine, or just visiting? Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

Holy Cow, that's an awesome condition barber. I'm saying it must be EF-ish. WTG
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've dug an 1894-O in about the same grade as your piece there, but it's the last one of only three Barber quarters I have found (and that was more than ten years ago!)

That sure 'nuf IS nice.

Wait 'til Steve (Millennium) sees this thread and posts pics of the quarter and half he got in one of our local parks a long time ago.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BTW, thanks for joining us. I wasn't sure if you saw my invitation over on the US Coin Forum or not. You still need to activate PMs. Go to your profile and change the setting that says "Allow Private Messages" from "Off" to "On".

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ok lets all see our best barber quarters! that 1915 sure is nice. i have several that are ugly. this particular one came from next to an old railroad track.
  • Options
    Man that's a beaut!

<< <i> ok lets all see our best barber quarters! >>

Haven't found it yet. image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I don't think I have a picture of any of my three. I'll have to work on that.

• Options
    Found a picture of one of my dimes. Not a very good picture.

• Options
    nice find there!.....hows the weather up there in maine?.....just right for digging i'll bet.
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Here's my best Barber Quarter....found also with my best Half Dollar in the same hole...What a thrill!

• Options
    Might as well post my two best seated dimes too...

And my best condition Spanish Real....1781

I have more finds.......want me to post them...???
  • Options
    Here is the Beast

The Beauty has yet to come. I've found quarters but none is in the condition any of these coins here so there is no point posting.