Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SGC 96 => PSA 9

Hi,
What are the chances a card that is graded SGC 96 1949 Bowman baseball will transpire to a PSA 9? I send it in slabbed and then PSA examines and will slab if they feel it fits their requirements, if not they leave in the holder correct?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Options
    you must put a 9 in the MINIMUM GRADE COLUMN on the order sheet....or else they will take it out and grade it as whatever they consider it. If you put the min grade, they will only unholder it if they plan on giving it a 9. If it is an 8 or less ,they will return it in the SGC holder
  • Options
    Thanks craig...I know SGC is pretty good, probably a very close second to PSA. You you or any other board members say I've got a 50/50 shot at a crossover to PSA 9?
    Thanks
  • Options
    depends - you should post a scan - the guys on this board are the best at advising you....
  • Options
    Here is a link to the six cards...3 out of 6 look like solid crossovers with 1-2 more looking very likely(maybe have to submit twice to get what I want image)

Cards
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    From my experience, centered SGC 96 cards have a decent shot at crossing over if you leave them in the holder and send it in to PSA. I know that many people think you should break it out and submit it, but I just think there are too many risky variables invloved.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I was going to say the same thing...looks like three possible crossovers with the others probably pulling strong 8s.

Beautiful cards! Good luck if you send them in!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    beautiful cards!

I think they probably wont cross all 6 ...at least not on the first try...there is one that looks weak but i have seen worse.

Be careful if you decide to open them up ...be gentle.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    In reading this post, I was thinking........is it possible to resubmit (if first time fails) in same holder, or does big brother make notes and odds are it would never cross. I have some gai 9's I want to cross, but do not want to crack them for reasons mentioned above.
    My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks guys for your help...great post with Sanford and Son image

I will send three submissions with two cards each. I believe I've got a better shot then all on one as PSA knows these get 2x-3x more in price if they get crossed over..maybe if my name was Memory Lane Inc. I would do all on one
  • Options

<< <i>Hi,
    What are the chances a card that is graded SGC 96 1949 Bowman baseball will transpire to a PSA 9? I send it in slabbed and then PSA examines and will slab if they feel it fits their requirements, if not they leave in the holder correct?

Thanks for your help! >>

I will say your results will not be 100%, but will be near that. There is one person (Glibersher) on eBay that makes a living buying SGC 88's/8 and 92's/8.5, looking them over and sending the cherries to PSA for a grade bump. The non-cherries or accurately graded cards get resold on eBay in their original SGC holders.
  • Options
    Thanks for the additional comments FJ.

3 should easily cross with 4 being more correct. Only one of the six looks like it shouldn't, but then again I've seen some equally slabbed as PSA 9's so you just never know I suppose...
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    CD those are great looking cards in any holder. Good luck with them.
  • Options
    Thanks,
    Bought them a little high so I need at least 2-3 nines to break even...