Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Anne Kate Collection is posted to B&M site: WOW!

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many duplicates too.

Lincoln "hotness" will surely be tested!
Doug

Comments

• ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Thanks for the heads up!

LINK TO ANNE KATE COLLECTION - WITH PHOTOS

sorta makes my eyes water when looking at this Toby 55 Double Die

This will be a fun one to watch...

Toby

• I saw it last night, as well. Are those the reserves or has there really been that much bidding already? A number of the coins are already near what I would expect them to hammer.

Jack

• Those are the posted reserves. I was testing the waters by bidding on a few and they still have a way to go to meet the seller's reserve. I need another set of eyes to review the coins before I get serious about a few of them. I wonder how many might not sell.

• Well, this will be the second time around for the 09-SVDB. So, if that's any indication there will probably be a few DNS coins. Or maybe the dealer for the collection will bid against Jack Lee and wind up buying a bunch of the coins that will float around the market for months to come.

Jack

• Those are not the reserves. If you can, (like I did) still bid, and it says you need to bid higher to reach seller's reserve, then...
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These coins look to be top notch. If you've got something better, or have standing to say itt, lets hear it. These coins are nice!
    Doug
  • DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The photos make the coins look awesome. I wish I could make it to Denver to view them in person.

I'm impressed with the fact that the collection contains multiple examples of the early dates. I wonder how long the collector worked on the set? Some of those coins just don't come around very often.

There is definitely an opportunity for everyone to upgrade their set, so the bidding could be very interesting!

By the way Jack, this 09sVDB is supposed to be the nicer of the two (but of course I haven't seen either in person)
    Doug
    Laura has made it known that she is going after some of these lincolns and Mr. Blay hasn't commented yet? I find THAT hard to believe. image
  • elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414

<< <i>I am a dinosaur who does not have the spare money to win these coins. >>

Stewarts sittin this one out??????????image

Going stictly from the pics, and I know virtually nothing about Lincolns, I thought there appeared to be quite a bit of Brown on some of the Red coins. Or if not brown on their way to becoming Red/Browns???

Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
    I thought there appeared to be quite a bit of Brown on some of the Red coins. Or if not brown on their way to becoming Red/Browns???

You know, I was sort of thinking the same thing when I looked at a couple of the coins. Who knows from pictures though. It could be the lighting, etc. I have to imagine that many of these coins have been previewed by the online bidders...so they have seen the coins in person. Check out this
    14-S that is going to go for HUGE money. The picture leads you to believe that it is heading towards R/B...but the description says ": The color is a warm, even, golden-red shade that deepens a bit to pale cherry-red hues along the lower-reverse border. Fully deserving of the RD designation, the surfaces are equally well described by the MS-66 numeric grade. There are hardly any trivial blemishes, and a smooth, satiny sheen greets the viewer at virtually all angles.

I'll betcha this coin looks 1000% better in person. JMOH.

• My take on it is that anytime you see a description with "Fully deserving..." or "The grade/designation of ___ is fully warranted...", then the cataloger is trying to address what might be perceived by some as a problem. I've never seen the 14-S, but if that's the description then it looks like the cataloger is trying to fend off any question of red/brown status.
    Then again, what do I know! I'm sure a PM or email is on the way right now saying I don't know jack...hey, wait a minute, I am Jack!

Jack

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,266 ✭✭✭
    Here's a nice one:

imageimage
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I looked at all the morgans in this sale today.

There are some fancy grades in the Anne Kate Dollar set,but I was not impressed with alot of them.
    There are 5-6 coins that are just plain ugly,and will be really tough sells.

I took notes on every coin,so if anyone wants a total recap on which coins are nice,and which ones weren't,I would be happy to give my opinion on specific coins.

I was impressed by many other coins in this sale..like many Buff nickels,standing lib quarters,and some awesome type coins...'

Larry

Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    [email protected]

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the bust and seated halves were quite nice.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold