Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

VENEZUELAN COLLECTOR!!!

Hi, image every one. My name is Carlos Capriles and get 20 years.I am from PUNTO FIJO, ESTADO FALCON in VENEZUELA. I don`t speak and write so much english but i try of make. I collect baseball cards from 6 years ago. I don`t have much sportcards compare with yours but try buy if can because here there a 2 or 3 store to sale; have 5000 more or less sportcards. Specially of course players venezuelan(abreu, cabrera, galarraga, vizquel, tony armas sr and son, kid rodriguez and much more). Of course too much players good like bonds, ripken, clemens, ruth, aaron and if continue never finished. I collect sport cards and get set from 2002-2005 of topps and much more from other company like upper deck, fleer, donruss, etc. I lost a lot a cards in the tragedy in LA GUAIRA,ESTADO VARGAS in 1999(I don`t know if somebody knowledge of this where dead many peoples including much friends mine).I hope found friends for try talk of our collections and like talk about of these and help me to practice my english and learne much more about this hobby. Excuse me for my english. Thank you for all. image
Hi,every one.My name is Carlos Capriles.I am from CARACAS in VENEZUELA.I don`t speak and write so much english but i try of make. I collect baseball cards from 6 years ago. I lost a lot a cards in the tragedy in LA GUAIRA,ESTADO VARGAS in 1999.I hope found friends for talk and help me to practice my english and learne much more about this hobby. Excuse me for my english. Thank you for all.

Comments

• Options
    Hola Carlos. Bienvenido! Your english is just fine.

Nick
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Bienvenida Carlos!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I lost a lot a cards in the tragedy in LA GUAIRA,ESTADO VARGAS in 1999(I don`t know if somebody knowledge of this where dead many peoples including much friends mine).I hope found friends for try talk of our collections and like talk about of these and help me to practice my english and learne much more about this hobby. Excuse me for my english. Thank you for all. image >>

Carlos-

Welcome. My first visit to Caracas was in late December 1999, just a few months after the tragedy. It was horrific to see. Mi amor y novia es Venezelano. My Spanish is quite bad, but I've been married to her for 3+ years now. Are you a Chavista? Welcome to the boards - if you need anything, I can be reached at 'marc.schoenen@ge.com'

Cheers
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Carlos;

Welcome! I look forward to reading about baseball and card collecting in Venezuela.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking if most of us tried to talk on a Venezuelan board we wouldn't do as well as you did!

Hola!

Do you have a ryan card like the photo?

jim
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Me gustan arboles! Me llamo James.
    Welcome to the boards!
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Welcome to the board Carlos! image

I am a newbie like you, but I think you will find the collectors here very kind and helpful! I look forward to reading your post. image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Hola Carlos!

Esteban
    Good for you.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Hola Carlos.

Desde que Chavez esta en control se han mudado muchos venezolanos para Miami. Deberias ver las banderas Venezolanas cuando Cabrera va al bate en el estadio.

lista de venezolanos que han jugado en las grandes ligas

Good luck
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I knew i should have paid attention in those spanish classes in High School!! Heck, i had a hard enough time trying to pass english!! Hard to get good grades when don't bring your books with you to classimage

If you can read this---Thank a Teacher If you are reading this in English--Thank a Soldier!!
  • Options

<< <i>I knew i should have paid attention in those spanish classes in High School!! Heck, i had a hard enough time trying to pass english!! Hard to get good grades when don't bring your books with you to classimage

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Hola Carlos !

I learned way more Spanish working in restaurants than I did in 4 years of taking it in school.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards Carlos!

Matt
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    que paso carlos!

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Carlos...

The picture above your name looks very familiar...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Hola Nick, Muchas Gracias por la Bienvenida! En cuanto a mi ingles trato de entenderlo y escribirlo. Thank you friends. image
    Hi,every one.My name is Carlos Capriles.I am from CARACAS in VENEZUELA.I don`t speak and write so much english but i try of make. I collect baseball cards from 6 years ago. I lost a lot a cards in the tragedy in LA GUAIRA,ESTADO VARGAS in 1999.I hope found friends for talk and help me to practice my english and learne much more about this hobby. Excuse me for my english. Thank you for all.
  • Options
    Hola carew4me, Muchas Gracias por la Bienvenida! image
  • Options
    Hi Marc, thank you! I was in La Guaira(Los Corales) when happen this tragedy in December 1999 and in this moment think I dead with my family(3 sister and my mom and my dad) but thanks good we surviver. I lost so many cards get along time but the most import is the life, lost friends and see when they died. I don`t like the situation actual in Venezuela, not CHAVISTA! ; here there many peoples is not well. I try collect cards venezuelan players but here sale very high prices. Congratulate for you weddyng and grettings for you wife(is GUAIREÑA?). Thank you and I hope preserve you friendship. image
  • Options
    Hello CON40 Collector, yes i collect venezuelan players cards. Thank you and hope follow speak with you about this incredible hobby. image
  • Options
    Hi Jim, here in venezuela not there so much page like this where is can talk about this hobby. I think this board is found people really like that and I is very enthusiastic of learn of yours read a lot topics. Actually is here in House of my family in Caracas but I am going to move me to Punto Fijo with my wife and I have my cards packaged until go me, I have few cards of Nolan Ryan and really I don`t know how appears this picture of Nolan Ryan in my identification!. I don`t know about this boards and begin to see them 1 week ago; I affiliate too in message boards of topps. Thank you Jim for all. image
  • Options
    Hola James. I do not understand what you wrote me; ME GUSTAN ARBOLES means I like trees. Thank you for the welcome AkbarClone Collector. image
  • Options
    Hi Tedw9, i think you will too find to the peoples helpful you in needs because are very nice. Thank you for read my post. I go read you post too. image
  • Options
    Hola Esteban, muchas gracias por la bienvenida y leer este post. Saludos. image
  • Options
    Hola calleocho collector, aquí la situación de muchas personas no es buena debido al pensamiento de chavez y es por eso que aunque no esten tan bien alla se siente mas seguros que aquí en venezuela. Hasta yo he pensado en irme pero pienso que es difícil porque no tengo visa y estoy casado; vamos a ver hasta cuanto aguanta el pueblo; en diciembre pudiera haber mas problemas por las elecciones presidenciales. Muchas gracias por saludarme y buena suerte en todo lo que hagas. Espero podamos seguir hablando. image

Muchas Gracias por la Referencia donde aparece la lista de jugadores venezolanos que han jugado en grandes ligas. image
  • Options
    Hi Carew29, I too had problem to learn english in the high school but after like and actually try of be understand me.

If you can read this---Thank a Teacher If you are reading this in English--Thank a Soldier!! Means Gracias a un Profesor estoy leyendo esto en Ingles. Gracias a un Soldado.
    Yeah, thank you a profesor is read actually this in english but i don`t understand thank a soldier?
    Anyway thank you so much for read this post and hope follow talk you.

• Options
    Hola bri2327. Me dices que aprendiste a hablar español cuando trabajabas en restaurantes luego de 4 años estar en la escuela. No se si para ustedes se les hara mas facil aprender español teniendo como primer idioma el ingles o si a nosotros los que tenemos como primer idioma el español se nos hace mas dificil aprender ingles. Lo que si te digo que creo nunca voy a entender el idioma japones o chino. Gracias por tu saludo y espero seguir hablando contigo. image
  • Options
    Hi lawnmowerman, thank you for the welcome. I hope talk to you about anything else. image
  • Options
    Hola Julen23, como estas?. Muchas gracias por saludarme. Disculpame por contestar tarde, lo que paso es que estuve ocupado en el dia y ahora que llegue a casa me encontre con la agradable sorpre de los muchos saludos y bienvenidas que me han enviado; estaba respondiendole a cada uno. Espero podamos seguir en contacto. Gracias. image
  • Options
    EN ESPAÑOL
    Hola a todos. Quisiera disculparme por contestar tarde, lo que paso es que estuve ocupado en el dia y ahora que llegue a casa me encontre con la agradable sorpre de los muchos saludos y bienvenidas que me han enviado; estaba respondiendole a cada uno. Muchas Gracias a cada uno de ustedes. image

IN ENGLISH
    Excuse me to answer late, what happen is that I was occupied in the day and now that arrives at house i found with pleasant sorprice from the many greetings and welcomes that they have sent to me; it was responding each one. I hope we pruned to follow in contact. Thanks so much every one of yours. image
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards!

I'm not sure if you know this, but Topps Venezuelan cards from the 1960s and 1970s are some of the hardest for many collectors to find. Not many of us know people in Venezuela, and they didn't make many cards there to begin with. If you can find older Topps cards from Venezuela, you can make a lot of money! The Nolan Ryan card by your name is a Venezuelan sticker from 1972. His Venezuelan rookie card from 1968 is worth thousands of dollars, even if it's in poor condition.

• Options
    Hi Donato, I did not remember because this card appears of ryan on my name of identification but now I remember(remind) that when I register in this page looks inside for many photos to choice this because sayd Venezuelan Stickers. Thank you. image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hola Carlos

Habla Espanol muy poco.

Estudio en la escuela - dos anos en College.

Hay muchas cosas mirar aqui. El gente muy bueno!

My memory is just OK - not too bad tho - es mas sencillo de lo que yo creia! It's coming back.

Estoy en San Antonio - the land of the big taco!

I hope you enjoy your stay here and don't be a stranger!
    I promise to learn more Spanish

But we do speak the universal language: sports cards and memorabilia!

Su amigo
    Miguel
    Mike
  • Options
    Hi, mudflap02 Collector. Yes, I know the cards Topps Venezuelan old but in the tragedy of La Guaira in 1999 lost all and now it has become me difficult to obtain someone because they want to sell them too costly and could not have acquired them.If I find something I warn you. Forgive me for not being able to help and thank you very much for the welcome.I did not remember because this card appears of ryan on my name of identification but now I remember(remind) that when I register in this page looks inside for many photos to choice this because sayd Venezuelan Stickers.
  • Options
    Hola (Hello) Miguel, Muchas Gracias (Thank you so much). (You Write very well in spanish when finish the college are excellent).Escribes muy bien en español cuando termines la escuela seras excelente. If has any problem with the spanish talk to me and i trying help.I hope that you learn Spanish and teach me English to my because sometimes i comete errors when write something. San Antonio is State Texas Land of Big Taco(Tierra del Gran Taco) mexican food? Spicy? : With peoples like you i feel very well here because all are family. Thank you Miguel and hope follow talk with you.
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards!
    I am new also but I have learned alot since I have found this place. There are alot of knowledgeable people here. Just be sure to let us know if there is anything you have a question about.
    Muchas gracias,
    Steve

I am looking to build my already growing Collection of the "GREATEST PITCHER IN MLB HISTORY" Nolan Ryan, DUH!!!

I have just started to collect Autographed memorabilia that I have gotten in person.

ebay id: Scuba_steve19
    Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Carlos - welcome to the gang!

I know just enough Spanish to know that I shouldn't be attempting to clearly type/write it. You're doing a very good job communicating with us.

Geordie
  • Options
    Hi steve, yes, since it find this place I knew that there are many people that know a lot about this hobby and I am sure that any question that we have always they tried us to help. Thank you for the welcome and good luck.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hola James. I do not understand what you wrote me; ME GUSTAN ARBOLES means I like trees. >>

James likes trees..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Howdy Carlos, no sé español, but this is a great thread.. welcome aboard!
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Hi Geordie, If knew that beginning was done me very hard to learn, to write and to understand the groins but practicing it a lot I am beginning to be able to communicate me with you. I not have carried out any course, alone I have learned recalling when studied in the school and through the internet. I continuous mistaking many times, you excuse me if I write badly something. Thanks by the welcome and we continue in contact. image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Geordie, If knew that beginning was done me very hard to learn, to write and to understand the groins but practicing it a lot I am beginning to be able to communicate me with you. I not have carried out any course, alone I have learned recalling when studied in the school and through the internet. I continuous mistaking many times, you excuse me if I write badly something. Thanks by the welcome and we continue in contact. image >>

Carlos

The one thing about spanish and english - they are written very similar.

In some languages, like Turkish, they speak in a different order - so they would say: turkish, in a different order, they speak. It becomes more difficult to learn.

I think it's easier to learn "phrases" and after you learn hundreds, then work on the more difficult language parts.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    YO SOY EL DIABLO DE BANO DE LOS PANTELONES!!! YEEEEHAW!!!!
  • Options
    Hi(Hola) Pandrews, I neither itself a lot of groin but I try to communicate me. You excuse me but itself is not signified that "THREADS", could help me and to translate me that signifies? Many Thanks for the Welcome and greetings. image
  • Options

<< <i>Hi(Hola) Pandrews, I neither itself a lot of groin but I try to communicate me. You excuse me but itself is not signified that "THREADS", could help me and to translate me that signifies? Many Thanks for the Welcome and greetings. image >>

a "Thread" is a discussion that takes place on an internet message board. For example, this discussion you made when you typed "VENEZUELAN COLLECTOR!!!" is considered a "thread".

I hope I explained that in an understandable way..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>Hi(Hola) Pandrews, I neither itself a lot of groin but I try to communicate me. >>

+1 for groin..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Thank you Pandrews for explain me the means of THREADS. And i wrong when write GROIN want means ENGLISH. Thank you for correct me.
  • Options
    Hi Mike, you has right. Spanish and English are very similar, only is hard the order of the phrases. I think never learn is the Japannese or Chinesse this is to much!!. Thank you and greetings.
  • Options
    Hi Lothar52, I don`t understand you wrote me "YO SOY EL DIABLO DE BANO DE LOS PANTELONES!!!" translating it signifies I AM THE DEVIL OF BATHROOM OF THE PANTS. image . Is hard to comunicate in other lenguages, I trying to doin`g and many times wrong me. Excuse me too if write bad. Thank you and greetings. image
  • Options
    sooooooooooooooooy un perdedorrrrrrrrrr
    im a loser baby
    so why dont ya kill me..
    ·p_A·