Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Looking back at this year, I can't believe I accomplished this....

I started a graded 1957 Topps set in March, 7 or better, with the purchase of a 1957 PSA 7 Mantle. I took inventory yesterday and I have over 25% of the set already, 110 cards in all, including the Brooks Robinson rookie, Aaron, Mays, Berra, and others. Of the stars, I need Williams, Clemente, the Mantle/Berra card, Koufax, and the F. Robby rookie still.

I was pretty surprised I wound up with this many cards, and financed about half of it from selling off the junk in my collection. I'm excited about 2006!
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Great job Ron.

Selling of unwanted things to fund things like this make it even more rewarding.

Steve

Good luck in 06
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Burgandy, good luck with the '57 set. I have some PSA 7 star cards if you're interested. PM me or email if your interested.
    "A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish" - Chevy Chase

"I have a split personality, and he is a regular SOB"
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ron
    Congratulations!

That's a lot of cards in one year and being creative enough to fund it with the stuff lying around is super!!!

Good in the new year!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Friggin added scans to accompany my 1969 Topps Master Set...

Julen
    RIP GURU