Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Help with removing spots from Sac's

Has anyone had success with removing rinse (water) spots on sac dollars from the mint?

Thanks !
Mike

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carry them around in your pocket for a couple of days and you won't notice the spots any more. But since this is the PCGS forum and you might be thinking about getting them graded and that might not work.
    Have seen water spots on some of my graded coins (quarters and half dollars) and they do not seem to affect the grades.
    Might be a good question for Mr. Hall of whether these affect grading as they are a mint process caused visual distraction.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Melt it >>

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Hey,

Thanks for all you coin people's help !!

It's a wonder we don't attract new collectors to this hobby.

Mike
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

My guess is no one here has experience with removing the spots. NGC has a service called NCS, they are probably your best bet. My guess is if someone here knew they would have posted a response.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Sac's can be dipped in jewel luster but it is a hit or miss proposition. Some come out great and stay thet way, others become really blotchy later.

I have found if you dry them quickly by dabbing them they do well. If you leave them wet for more than a couple of seconds they turn.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN