Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Merc 's at FUN >> SOME PICS ADDED!! <<

Sure nice to see a plethora of Merc's at this years Heritage sale. I don't recall a couple hundred lots in this case over 300.

I have a few merc's myself in this years sale - some of my favorites - I'll be giving others a chance to own.....over 20 pieces including great examples of 64-66FB's in 1916-S, 1917-S, 1919-D, 1918-S, 1923-S, 1924-S, 1925-D, 1925-S and my 1945.
ANyone interested in lot#'s shoot me a PM.
Heritage does not do that great on photo end of things - but then with seven thousand+ lots I guess I'll give them some slack image )

Marc

Comments

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with yours !!

Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with you coins! Now at least there will be some quality Mercs in the sale!!!!

why thank you imageimage

• Options
    Here are some pictures of dimes being sold @ Heritage. It seems the Heritage close-ups are not quality photos at all. But imho I am actually quite surprised and pleased with the photos showing the coin and the slab together as they seem to be very close to actual coin being sold image

These photos were taken for me by Mike Printz (Whitlow) they actually look even better if I did not have to reduce them umpteenth times to get under the 50kb rule image

I felt these 5 dimes could have been photographed better so here they are in no order;

1945 MS65FB Should and will grade 66 ... pales in comparison to other 65's...as split as can be..I've seen only 2 other in true 65FB...truly rare...pops are skewed by 50%+ at least!

1919-D MS64FB AS nice as all the 65's I've seen - what a dime in hand! I predict this one too will get into a 65 holder sooner or later.

1916-S MS66FB You got to see this in hand to appreciate it!

1925-D MS66FB I've passed on so many before falling in love with this stunner. So tough in true to grade 65FB or higher. One of my favorites - gonna miss her.

1918-S FB65FB Truly rare in true 65 (or better) - they just don't come better.

Happy Holidays to all! image

Marc

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Very nice pics/coins..
    I agree that Heritage pics aren't very good to say the least.

I will be sure to look at your coins next week,as I will still be buying and selling mercs for a long time.
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc
    You should do well.Looks to me like quality coins.
    Al
  • Options
    FinallyHereFinallyHere Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    Since there are size limitations I offered to host the original, larger size images I shot for Marc of a few of the items he has in the auction next week. I can tell you with certainty these really are some wonderful coins and I wish him the very best!

1945 MS65 Full Bands...exceptionally nice!

1919 D MS64 Full Bands

1918 S MS65 Full Bands

1925 D MS66 Full Bands

Best of luck Marc!!
    Mike Printz
    Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
    https://hjbltd.com/#!/department/us-coins
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Wow that 1916-S has an increadible look.

Nice stuff. Wish I had the time and money to diverge into other denominations like this. image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK enouph hype somebody has allready out bid me on the ones I wanted. Not really worried most of my bids were just openers but you guys are sure letting go of some nice coins. And quite a few top pops are going to be moving around.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc: Good luck on your dimes! As always, I look forward to watching how your pride and joy, the 1945 dime does. While, I already have one of them I will certainly not let anyone steal it from you!!

By the way, you made a comment that does not make sense about your 1945 dime. You said:

<< <i>1945 MS65FB Should and will grade 66 ... pales in comparison to other 65's...as split as can be..I've seen only 2 other in true 65FB...truly rare...pops are skewed by 50%+ at least! >>

Pales in comparison? I don't think you meant that???????????????

Last but not least, I ADORE that 1925-D dime of yours. What lovely surfaces!! Who cares if it is a little softly struck by the rims!!!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Marc,

Good luck with the sale! (great images)

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    thanks for offering Mike - amazing how reducing the photos under 50kb makes such a difference. Finally Here has anew meaning on this thread image

Oreville, no I did not mean that ... image my wording was totally off. Never did excell in grammer .. you know what I mean though image
    the 25-D is rare this nice - most 25's are weakly struck 'n all..I passed on many examples before I fell in love with this one instantly.

I wish I wouldn't have to sell now but other commitements are pressing - hopefully I'll get back in later on.

Marc