Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

OT: Discovered!! Stewart Blay played the Toll Keeper in "It's a Wonderful Life!!"

dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
I saw that movie for the gajillionth time yesterday, and only then came to recognize him!!

I thought Stewart did a great job in the movie, especially his double-take when he found out Clarence was an angel!

Comments

• Those royalties really help in supporting his Lincolns and Barbers.image
  • saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭

Stewart is AGELESS!! He's one of Twilight Zone guys! image
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW - the likeness is scary, isn't it?? image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    David
    I was an actor and stuntman before I became a Lincoln cent collector.If you come to New York I will show you my resume and portfolio.

Stewart
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good, Stewart. Somehow, I'm not surprised!

I'm sure it'd be tough being a stuntman and a Lincoln cent collector at the same time! image

• Wow, that's pretty close.

Jack

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was an actor and stuntman before I became a Lincoln cent collector.If you come to New York I will show you my resume and portfolio.

His current profession as a sculptor has helped him as a chiseler with coins. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • You should ask him about the stunts he's had to perform to get some of those Lincoln's.
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Checked on-line through Google and found the man's name who played the toll-keeper in the movie

It is: Tom Fadden .... Tollhouse keeper (uncredited)
    Dr. Pete
  • Well, that does explain the obscure scene in the movie where the toll-keeper asks George Bailey if he has has any high grade Lincolns for sale.
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    From stuntman to sculptor?? Quite a changeimage

Why not become a eh..... financial expert the next time??

• pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>Well, that does explain the obscure scene in the movie where the toll-keeper asks George Bailey if he has has any high grade Lincolns for sale. >>

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stewart Blay:

I told my wife that it was really you in that movie with a little makeup to make you look older back then.

She said, wow, you do look good for your age now! image

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭