Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BGS & GAI Xover to PSA Result

I cracked both of these and submitted them to PSA. Both came back in the exact same grade. I have 3 other cards that are GAI crack and submit's at PSA now as well. Will post the results of those when I have the grades today or tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    wow, you got a half grade bump from PSA? Congrats, posts on this board had me believing only GAI bumped cards image

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Both came back in the exact same grade >>

I am confused one is a PSA 10 the other is a PSA 9.

Stingray
  • Options
    my guess is that the gai gem mint became a psa gem mint. A bgs mint became a psa mint.
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any reason why you cracked the BGS 9 Culpepper? Usually a 1999 SP Authentic BGS 9 sells for 20%-30% more than a PSA 9.
    Mike
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Well, I actually thought the BGS 9 looked just as good as the GAI 9.5, they each had one minor flaw IMO and I figured what the heck. Plus on the off chance one of them came back trimmed/altered etc I was still going to have a PSA graded one for my registry. Plus if they came back like they did, I can sell the PSA 9 one as the All Time Vikings set is now on the registry. I should still get some decent action on it if I sell it.

Stingray-when I said the both came back in the same grade, what I meant was that the GAI Gem Mint came back a PSA Gem Mint and the Beckett Mint 9 came back a PSA Mint 9. You can see by the serial numbers they crossed 1 for 1 to the PSA holders. (Just like donnster said)

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I see what you mean now.

Stingray