Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA/DNA "Great Combo" deal.

Does anyone know if the "Great Combo" psa/dna deal is still going on where they authenticate and slab your autographed card for $20 + Shipping, no matter whose autograph it is?

I tried phoning customer service but I get a message something like 'all our people are in a meeting try again in 45min'. They've never really been all the helpful anyway so maybe one of you can answer my question instead. image

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Looks like it's still valid, as long as it's valued under $1,000.

I took this from the "Services and Pricing" link.

AUTOGRAPHED CARD "GRADING AND AUTHENTICATION"
    Customer has the option to select With Grade or *No Grade.
    (*No grade is assigned but card is authenticated and encapsulated.)
    $20 per card

Autographed cards with a declared value under $1,000.

** Autographed cards dated pre-1998 and/or those not directly from manufacturer must be sent through the Autographed Card Grading and Authentication Service (fee may vary on card value, see listed restrictions and requirements).
    PSA will encapsulate signed items such as 3x5's (index cards), postcards, cuts and checks (the smaller sized ones) if, of course, these items will fit into the current selection of holders. The signed items will not be graded but they will be authenticated with a PSA/DNA serial number placed on the PSA label. Collectors may choose this service if they feel the PSA holder will add to the presentation of the piece or if they feel the PSA holder can help protect the signed item over time. Please call if you have questions about this service.

20 BUSINESS DAYS Guaranteed*

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I think that has become part of their standard services. It is printed on the submission froms.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Sheesh, I'm blind. I looked and looked. image Thanks!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

i was unaware of this.. so i can send in any signed card to be authenticated for $20?..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Yep, when I sent in my 2 Plantes' and Sawchuk they charged me just $20 each instead of $50 each which is what the player fee chart showed. I had the form filled out for $50 each and everything but was extatic to find they only charged me $20 each.. I thought they screwed up at first.
  • Options
    Does this require membership? I mean in addition to the regular one, do you have to join PSA/DNA as well?
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

No, its on the sub form for PSA. I think you have the option too for them to put the grade of the card on the flip, or just have it authenticated and not graded.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    zephyrs is correct, however, I believe these all have to be on their own submission form and cannot be combined with any other type of submission.