Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Vendio Image Hosting "FEE" Problems?

First off ..I consider myself a very reasonable person and this is not a life or death situation but it's based on principal....

I have been using Vendio image hosting for years and do like the service. However, last winter they went to a new fee structure and I am now very displeased and feel ripped off in some way.

They now have "X" dollars a month for so much room used. I don't run that many auctions as I am not a dealer so the lower level is fine for me. However, I noticed I kept getting credit card bills from them when I did not run auctions and did not have images on the site for nearly 3 months.

It turns out in December I ran a lot of auctions and went over the 5 MB of images for 1 week. Well....that bumped up the charge from $2.95 a month to $9.95 AUTOMATICALLY. Kinda like what credit card companies do to your interest rate if you were to be late with a payment. It made me angry because I had no knowledge of this, did not recieve any emails AND..when they were making those fee changes I emailed and got a return that NO..if you don't run auctions or have images ...you would Not be charged...in other words pay as you use.

I was told that I could "change the plan back" and that smaller rate would be used from then on...but still paying for what I did not expect to pay for.

NOW...(because I have a distrust for any corporation anyway..and now feel the need to monitor things)...I checked my account to make sure it was at the lowest level...AND FOUND I AM NOW PAYING FOR WATERMARKING!!!! Who the hell wants watermarking anyway....never did and did not ask for the service..but there was the charge for it. I send a terse email and asking for the process to quit the service. Here is the first paragraph......

"Sorry about the watermarking. When switching plans you do have the
option to opt out of watermarking. However, this is a common error.
Please disable the watermarking feature in your account and request for
a refund. You may request a refund for each line item by taking the
following steps:"

Then you have follow some process to cancel that fee!!! So in other words..much like the first time....if you don't notice the charges by checking your account...your paying for it.

There is also a convaluted process of emails to cancel your account. I've lost my trust in this site and would like to find a new hosting site that more meets my uses.

Does anyone have any image hosting suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Your ISP very likely has a web hosting service that you are already paying for. It sounds like it would be a good fit for you.