Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How to Win Friends & Influence People

Item: 181 1976 Topps Baseball Card commons Link
Starting bid: $9.99
Shipping: $13.50

Dear zorbaaz,
I'm interested in purchasing this lot, but that shipping is rather high. Can you provide an alternate shipping method?
Thanks,
JK

Answer:
Question about shipping for item #5160487177 - (181) diff. 1976 TOPPS baseball lot #17-655
NO

The item didn't sell and has already been relisted at the same starting bid and shipping.
That's a $1.80 USPS parcel post. I know because I sell lots like that all the time.

Comments

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    $1.80 to ship 150+ cards image

Loves me some shiny!
  • jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$1.80 to ship 150+ cards image >>

Unless my mind is going - which is a distinct possibility - yes... I'm selling a 117 card lot right now with $3 shipping. Hope I'm right...image
  • 181 cards is about 13oz for the cards themselves. mailing 13oz just to myself would cost-

Domestic Services

Mailing Services Speed Price
    Express Mail® (more info) Overnight to most areas $17.85
    Priority Mail® (more info) 1 Day(s) $3.85
    Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box (more info) 1 Day(s) $7.70
    First-Class Mail® (more info) 1 Day(s) $3.13
    Parcel Post (more info) Additional Postage May Apply 2 Day(s) $2.81
    Bound Printed Matter (more info) Restrictions Apply 2 Day(s) $1.87
    Media Mail (Book Rate) (more info) Restrictions Apply 2 Day(s) $1.42

With packaging you would be over the one pound limit(under is all the same price for one zone) and the rate would go to $3.13(mailing to my same zip ). First class is the way to go under 13oz and priority over 13oz. to much time in the system to get damaged with parcel post. after about 6-7 pounds is when parcel post can save money for the longer distance items. That guy is way overchaging for shipping and I would not bid without subtracting it from your high bid.
    Buy anything for cheap and sell for more.