Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about PSAs "Seperate Invoice" policy and shipping costs.

I have 5 hand signed cards I am sending in to be graded by PSA and authenticated by PSA/DNA on their $20 combo deal. One of the cards is a Tall boy, and the other 4 are just regular Topps cards. Do I have to send the Tall boy in by itself on a different invoice and pay seperate shipping just for it? even though they are all 5 going to be in the same "Autographed" service level? Or can I just leave them all on the same invoice?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Do I have to send the Tall boy in by itself on a different invoice and pay seperate shipping just for it? >>

Yes.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that thinks that completely SUCKS! I mean I have a bunch of tallboys to send in and a regular cards that are autoed to send in, but the One Tallboy that is signed has to be sent in by itself and will cost me over $12 bucks to ship it back! THAT SUCKS!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Then don't do it.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Am I the only one that thinks that completely SUCKS! I mean I have a bunch of tallboys to send in and a regular cards that are autoed to send in, but the One Tallboy that is signed has to be sent in by itself and will cost me over $12 bucks to ship it back! THAT SUCKS! >>

Don't get PSA to grade it then...lots of other companies out there...heaven forbid a company attempt to be efficient and profitable.

• Options
    shipping does suck. thats why i buy all my cards graded already.
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I too hate when they insist on separate shipping fees, then bundle them all together anyway. But I guess that's not the point (from PSA's point of view). They want just one rule with no exceptions, in the interest of efficiency and maximizing profit.

Sometimes that means people with a variety of submission types have to pay too much. This sucks, and maybe PSA should invest in more staff and better processing to allow "grouping" of submissions of different types and return schedules.

But we do know the rules and there are workarounds. Save up your tallboys, coins, reholders, crossovers, etc. and submit them in discreet groups. You can still submit them in one box (under separate submission sheets) to save on outgoing postage. Just wait until you have enough cards of each type -- 5, 10, whatever -- to justify the separate return shipping on each group.

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    These are some of the obstacles we "smaller" guys have to circumnavigate, but, correct me if I'm wrong:

When PSA first offered authentication to the hobby, it was exclusively through approved dealers only.

Over the years, they have opened up their services more to the collector, but it is definitely not a walk-in operation. The bulk submission requirements, membership fees and separate invoices have successfully kept the company from being buried by single card orders; and I have no doubt that if they lifted those rules, they would indeed go under just from the sheer magnitude of small orders. To me, the added cost and burden of doing business the "PSA-way" is part of the cost of doing business with PSA. I think it's worth it.

Just my 2 cents.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I agree with Mark - being buried with single card submissions is perhaps what they are trying to avoid. That slows down turnaround time for all of us eventually.
  • Options

<< <i>Then don't do it. >>

Super helpful input! Thanks a million!! image
  • Options

<< <i>I too hate when they insist on separate shipping fees, then bundle them all together anyway. But I guess that's not the point (from PSA's point of view). They want just one rule with no exceptions, in the interest of efficiency and maximizing profit.

Sometimes that means people with a variety of submission types have to pay too much. This sucks, and maybe PSA should invest in more staff and better processing to allow "grouping" of submissions of different types and return schedules.

But we do know the rules and there are workarounds. Save up your tallboys, coins, reholders, crossovers, etc. and submit them in discreet groups. You can still submit them in one box (under separate submission sheets) to save on outgoing postage. Just wait until you have enough cards of each type -- 5, 10, whatever -- to justify the separate return shipping on each group. >>

Thanks. I know it is still pretty good deal considering what it USED to cost, Just to send a card to PSA/DNA for authentication. THAT used to cost 50 - 100 buck depending on the player and then you still did not have it graded. I will just wait a little while to send these in I guess.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Actually my input was helpful. When an item costs too much at the grocery store I DO NOT BUY IT. If enough people didn't do it, maybe PSA would reconsider their formula.

Good for you.