Home U.S. Coin Forum

Need Help Re: A Possible Crackout... Urgent!

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
I want this coin reholdered reverse-out... I'm sending a modern and reholder submission to NGC. With a 10% discount, it's $5.40 more to regrade the coin than just reholder it...

Should I:

A- Crack it, it'll upgrade/get the star/definitely not downgrade
B- Just reholder it... grade isn't going anywhere
C- Something else

Problem is, I can't change the form, and I don't have 4 more coins to do a regrade submission. The coin is now NGC MS63:

Thanks!

Jeremy

PS- I need fast replies... the online form eventually doesn't work any more, and then I have to start from scratch image
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I think I'd leave it be unless you want it that way for your personal collection.

The obverse is nice also.
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    B

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Just reholder it, IMO. I don't see this coin being bumped above 63.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    A-----------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, well... so I made my decision...

The coin's gonna stay at home for now. If it sells online before I get to a show, great. If I get it to a show, I'll get some opinions. As it is, the other 4 reholders I have are 3 dollars for me, and one half that I'll probably sell at a show--since the reverse makes the half, I want it out.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Choice C: Do nothing. It's pretty dinged up, and looks pretty good at 63, although I've seen some pretty "rough" looking Franklins in 64 and 65 PCGS holders. Reverse holdering sucks, anywayimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file