Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Bob & CJ in Beckett

Just thought I would get a copy to share with the forum! image

I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading

Comments

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Thanks for the pic Joyce. Bob looks exactly like I pictured him. Except there is a puke spot in the shape of an "A" on his shirt...lol
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    LOL Zack....
    I just got the Hockey Beckett to read the article and share with the forum, if anyone would like to have it, just pm me and it's yours for the postage.....image
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    Joyce,

i wouldnt mind getting the hockey beckett. they dont sell em around Lubbock, and i havent gotten a new one in a few years
  • Options

a kid and his grandpa collecting together, that is nice to see
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    goodriddance- I will be happy to send it to you, pm me your addy, and when you get it just send me back the postage fee, sound fair?
  • Options
    duncangal- Thanks for the help; our scanner burned out a while back. We are getting a whole new computer system soon.
    The writer did a great job & was alot of fun to speak with. We have gotten alot of nice feedback since the article came out. Thanks to all the great traders who have helped us build our collection & enjoy this hobby as a dad/son team.
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • Options

<< <i> Except there is a puke spot in the shape of an "A" on his shirt...lol >>

dont talk about the avalanche.
    my site
    #1 QUincy Carter Collector in the world

Collection
    Quincy Carter 31.6% 163/515
  • Options

why is Grizzly Adams only wearing boxers?
  • Options
    Congrats again guys/
  • Options
    Hockey Cards, heck, you'd be better off collecting used popsicle sticks, they'll both be worth about the same in ten years!image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    baljitgill- Thanks again; it was fun to be included in the article

2323- We know one thing, they'll be worth alot more than any Timberwolves
    GU Jsys or Auto garbage you might have; talk about worthless. Bottom of the barrel nba sludge.
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • Options

why is the old guy only wearing boxers?
  • Options
    Is that a fact bobstar? Because if you would take the time to check out Kevin Garnett cards right now, they are up bigtime. Plus I don't collect much Game Used, just have one Garnett I got in a three card deal off ebay. And auto's are a good investment, I think most everybody would agree with that. I do have a Garnett auto and I don't want to sell it anyway, but if I did I would make a profit. But thats not important, it's if you like the hobby, and thats what I'm getting at, I was just ribbing you a little bit, but I do think it's cool that you got to be in a magazine for something that you enjoy doing, it doesn't matter what something is worth in the future, because if you're getting enjoyment out of it, thats worth more than money anyway. I just kid with you a little bit because we haven't gotten along very well in the past, but I seriously think it's cool you got in Beckett and I hope someday I get into a card mag in the future for my Jordan collection. image
  • Options
    What ya think Bob? They got 3 more wins in them? The San Josers are lookin' pretty tough. Not sayin' too much as Calgary has been tough on those Wings so far.
  • Options
    Dirtmonkey- Honestly, it's hard to figure the Avs out this year. We hope they do have 3 more wins in them but The sharks speed will probably be thier downfall. We'll keep rooting for them though, that's for sure.
    The team we like in the East- Tampa Bay is looking real good. Thier coach used to coach the ECHL team we have here in Roanoke VA; the Roanoke Express. The Express are a pretty good little team & we have a blast when we get to thier games. They even had Tootoos' brother play here prior to his tragic death last year.

2323- We both hope you make a mag article someday as well. We collect what we enjoy just like everyone else does. We don't care much about BV either when it comes to collecting the players we like.
    The fact of the matter is though is that hockey cards as a whole hold thier value very very well & some of the older sets as well as the nicer newer sets & cards can rival any of the other major sports when it comes to valuation. We doubt seriously if anyone would turn down the opportunity to have a nice Gretzky, Lemieux, Roy, Yzerman or Messier RC, GU or auto in thier collection whether they like hockey or not! I know we are happy with our Lebron RC & as you know we don't collect hardly any NBA at all.
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

Bobstarvet@aol.com

• Options
    Not sure if old Bobby keeps up with the news regarding the hockey labor negotiations, but hockey has already began its trip down the crapper, and after there is a strike or lockout- hockey will finally disappear from my T.V. screen, just like the value of Bobstars precious collection will disappear. It's ridiculous that someone who likes a sinking ship like the NHL has the nerve to insult basketball.

It cracks me up how Bobstar acts like a holier-than-thou jerk, and then professes his love for a sport that is known more for blatant acts of unnecessary, career-ending violence than anything else

Erik
    I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...... but you appear unarmed

"Stop talking, negotiating,
    Your feeble attempts at world peace
    Give me a %#@*ing break
    Need worldwide genocide, planetary suicide
    And when the whole damn world is dead
    there's your %#@*ing peace"
  • Options
    There is good ol Erik shoving his nose where it doesnt belong. Here are some facts for ya.. hockey is the oldest professional sport. There are more hockey leagues thoughout the world than any other sport. The NHL has the broadest player origin than any other sport. The sport with the most career ending injuries... is football not hockey.. but nice try. Football has produced the most quadriplegic's than any other sport.
    Hockey has the most blatent violence?? Well.. at least they leave it on the ice.. unlike your rapist basketball players, and murder football players.
    Erik.. you dont like it.. fine... how about this.. keep your mouth actually shut for once. This post was about Bob and CJ getting into Beckett for their collection. I know its tough lil guy.. but.. i am sure you can do it.. for the first time. image
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't have much hockey at all, a little. Nothing fancy though. Seriously though, what makes the hobby fun is no two peoples collection is the same. Every one is unique. But someone who has spent 20 bucks on their collection can enjoy it as much or even more than someone who has spent $20,000. Enjoyment is really the key. And I should not have said that you're Hockey cards will be worth the same as used popsicle sticks, just getting an article and picture in a national mag. was a payoff on your investment right there. Did they have someone come to your house, or did you send them in pictures to use in their magazine?
  • Options

<< <i> hockey is the oldest professional sport. >>

I know all alot of old things, doesnt neccessarily mean they arent boring

<< <i>There are more hockey leagues thoughout the world than any other sport >>

Unless your going to start collecting foriegn cards, this point really has no relevancy

<< <i>Hockey has the most blatent violence?? Well.. at least they leave it on the ice.. unlike your rapist basketball players, and murder football players. >>

What about the hockey player that try to hire a hit man to kill his agent??? One of the reasons you do here more about people in the NBA or iin the NFL commitiing these crimes is because people actaully want to hear about this stuff, no one cares about hockey if it does make the news it is usaully just a little footnote. Plus if you are implying that a certain sport attracts murders and rapists by the content of the game you are just a blatant moron.

The fact of the matter hockey is going down and fast, Football is one of the most up and coming sport in America along with Basketball.
  • Options
    Well I really don't want to create a distraction to the intent of this post which was simply to state that one of the boards great members actually got some recognition in a magazine that follows our hobby, but get a life guys. Who cares which sport carries more popularity? If there's more than one, one has to be first and one has to be last. Sure they change, but the story is always the same. He collects what he wants and that is what matters. He also does something with his son which should be commended, as I'm sure some of us may not have had a father who cared enough to take part in our interests. All sports have their idiots and criminals. Why point out that baseballs current most popular player is a 'roider or that basketballs high profile player is a raper. Sure, hockey has the hitman thing and football will always have OJ.

Hockey has its fans like myself and Bob (you too Chris). I like other stuff too. We all like sports for a different reason an it's a riot to enjoy them all. Again, congrats to Bob and CJ for getting some recognition in the hobby...
  • Options

<< <i> basketballs high profile player is a raper >>

rapist
  • Options
    I know all alot of old things, doesnt neccessarily mean they arent boring

Can't even make sense of that...

foriegn

foreign?

What about the hockey player that try to hire a hit man to kill his agent

try=tried

Hey, thanks for the grammar lesson LAdud. Try the spellcheck yourself before you address my mistakes image
  • Options
    The difference mine were typos, you just have bad grammar.

<< <i>I know all alot of old things, doesnt neccessarily mean they arent boring >>

<< <i>Can't even make sense of that... >>

And just cause something has been around for a longer time doesnt make it intresting or entertaining.
  • Options
    And just cause something has been around for a longer time doesnt make it intresting or entertaining.

Well you critique my grammar, yet start a so-called sentence with "And" which is a no-no. Anywho, thanks again for your input as it's always appreciated.

editied to add - intresting = interesting & doesnt = doesn't
  • Options
    I never said i didnt have any bad grammar, i was just correcting you feel free to correct me. But here is a freeby of the follwing mistakes: I didn't capatalize "I", "didnt" was not spelled with an apastrophy, and I probabaly just spelled apastrophy wrong.
  • Options
    yup, you also messed up on freeby (freebie) and follwing (forgot the o) image
  • Options

<< <i>basketballs high profile player is a raper. >>

rapper has two ps and I don't think Allen Iverson is basketballs high profile player
  • Options
    What about Shaq. High profile, but I guess he's the only one who thinks he can rap.
  • Options
    Dirtmonkey- One down & 3 more to go. Was happy to see Sakic finally come around & get a couple all the way in. The Avs just need to open up & play thier game. There is always hope.

As far as some of the other comments made on this post, we just laugh when we see who makes them. The same old tired morons spill out the same old dribble that make them the useless slugs they are.

As far as the great traders on here who commented, we thank you all for your support & we were happy to share our good fortune with you all.
    It was an honor to have been included in the article.

2323-To answer your question about how it was done; we communicated with the writer 1st by email then we had a time for him to call us to conduct the full interview. He had a few followup ?s which we did by email & then we sent the pics by email to him as well.

Last, but not least, we are getting a new box of 03-04 BAP In the Game Used hockey early this week. We are both pumped about that & after we rip it we'll post our pulls on the forum. Thanks again to all the great traders on CU
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

Bobstarvet@aol.com

• Options

I still wanna know why Grizzly Adams couldn't have thrown on more than plaid Hanes for the Beckett camera guy.image
  • Options
    lmao!!