Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Lincoln short set.

Will there ever be one ??????

Not that I would be even close to the top, but I would like to see one.

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I bet pcgs is waiting for the market to get soft in those, then they can add the short set to try to strengthen it. I can't see any other reason why they could not have already put up that and several other very popular short sets.
  • Options
    Need to put pressure on David Hall. I have asked a few times.

• Options
    >>PCGS already did the coolest short set of all.

Wow I was amazed that that many people collected Ken halves image That must be all of them

• Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    The answer is always "we are not doing any short sets until we finish all the main sets".

Since there seems to be other short sets, I believe that they are having technical problems and CANNOT produce the short set for lincolns. Do NOT hold your breath for this one.

• Options
    KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I have asked twice also. Still working on it??? image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Hey, quit pushing! Us Winged Liberty Heads: image

need our short set first!!!!

Wanna fight?
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I asked for Kennedy short sets in April of last last year, and a month later they added them. They must not like you guys. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Russ- I know from having read your comments over the last year...that you are really into Kennedy halves...but I need to tell you (not that you don't already know)...but there are 10 times as many collectors out there to support the Lincoln short set series....as compared to the Kennedy short set. Ok...I haven't done a scientific study....but you get the point.
    Marc
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>but there are 10 times as many collectors out there to support the Lincoln short set series....as compared to the Kennedy short set. >>

Sounds about right to me. And, I think the Lincoln collectors should get a short set, since we Kennedy collectors already got ours. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    a short set for Winged Libertys!!!!

Or I start sending HepDaddyHall pictures of MadMarty!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Lucy,
    I beleive its time for the pics. image

Walt
  • Options
    Lucy,

Lincolns first , then the fishing lures.
  • Options
    A lincoln short set would send prices even higher on the low pop short coins. I think Gerry would have the #1 set followed by Wayne and Billbe. Stewart may not make the top 5.
  • Options

<< <i>Lucy,

Lincolns first , then the fishing lures.
    >>

go soak your copper!

slap!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options

<< <i>A lincoln short set would send prices even higher on the low pop short coins >>

I can't imagine what the 49-p and 54-p would go for in 66RD ?

<< <i>slap! >>

Try and bribe me all you want , Lincolns still go first ! image
  • Options
    I should change my post, not to that pcgs will add the short set when the market is soft in short set Lincolns, but to when submissions are low in short set Lincolns (which likely would be at the same time).
  • Options
    A no FBL Frankie set and still no Lincoln short set.....

• Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    A no FBL Frankie set and still no Lincoln short set.....

How about a No Red Lincoln cent set? lol... I doubt I'd see that in my lifetime.

David
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    If you have the coins for a 1934-1958 Lincoln cent "short set" why not put them in the 1909-1958 basic set. If enough "short set" advocates did this there is no doubt that DH would take notice. Steveimage
  • Options

<< <i>If you have the coins for a 1934-1958 Lincoln cent "short set" why not put them in the 1909-1958 basic set. If enough "short set" advocates did this there is no doubt that DH would take notice. Steve >>

I already have!! image
  • Options
    Why not a 1909-1933 Short Set. I have much of that in pcgs slabs, but only 4 after 1933. With that set they could also have a RD and not RD set. (They really should, that's a great idea!) The 34-58 short set they wouldn't have to even bother with red vs no red since almost everyone only collects reds.

Edited to add, why not a 1909-2004 set!
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Edited to add, why not a 1909-2004 set! >>

And how about a 1909-2004 PROOF set also.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    The lincoln short set will be added after the 2005-2015 Ronald Reagan 10c short set