Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Thanks PCGS, for doing the right thing

DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
This weekend, an envelope arrived from PCGS I neither knew was coming nor expected. Inside was a signed submission form for six free Economy gradings, plus a notation it was for excessive delay on my six-coin economy order that took forever late last year.

I just want to publicly thank PCGS, because I'd never said anything to anyone about compensation. image

-- Dennis

P.S. -- Stamped on the free submissions form in bold red letters is the statement: "NO GUARANTEE TURNAROUND TIMES ON FREE SUBMISSIONS" image
When in doubt, don't.

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Groovy!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Nice to hear something nice once in a while.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options

Wow, that would be nice if they recognized my submission the same way. I have a 15 day in right now that has been there since 11/19!!!!!
  • Options
    Jack:

It sounds like you need to contact David Hall directly at dh@collectors.com

-- Dennis
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Dennis,

Define "forever". I'd like to know if I can look forward to a surprise envelope. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Russ:

Coins were submitted 10/06 and finally received 12/23. They were in sealing and finalizing for 5 weeks!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭
    Dennis, you got me. Mine were inverification for just under 4-weeks (which is after sealing and finalizing I'm told). All in all took 73 calendar days for economy service (10/30 - 1/12).
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Coins were submitted 10/06 and finally received 12/23. >>

HMM...I've had one in since 11.13. Looks like another 11 days and I get freebies! image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Russ:

My fingers are crossed for you!!!

The thing I'm so impressed with here is, it looks like someone at PCGS is doing an after-the-fact "audit" of how long it took submissions to be completed late last year, and then stepping up to the plate where appropriate to do the right thing.

If so, then I'm VERY impressed.
    When in doubt, don't.