Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Did Ricky Davis Disrespect the game???

by tryna get a rebound by shooting it on the other teams basket? anyone hear what sloan said? LOL i thought that stuff was hillarious...aw Fred on nbatonight blowing it out of proportion...
Stevenson shoulda done this and that...
hes dumb... so is sloan...
i thought it wuz funny , the game was already a laugher since the jazz got ate by the frickin Cavs...
what do yall think?

Comments

• What happened in the game? I missed it.....by the numbers it looked like Ricky had an amazing game.
    CB4
  • what happened was....ricky davis was one rebound short of a triple double and with 6 seconds ago he took the inbound and tried to shoot it off the other teams rim and get the rebound...while they were ahead by 27

for a better story read this...

Ricky Davis Story
    Looking for all Tracy McGrady Cards, even base.
    Looking for ALL Autos of Qyntel Woods, even multiples.
    Looking for ALL Autos of Lamar Odom

image#1 Qyntel Woods Collectorimage
  • Ricky Davis is a selfish son of a ^%$@. I wish Stevenson would've ripped his head off. Davis showed no class and proved once and for all that he is a joke. Enjoy your moment of glory Davis cause when you come to the Delta Center next year you're gonna get stomped. How's a nice elbow to the nose from Malone feel cause you're gonna find out.
    Collecting Kirilenko Auto's, 1/1's, all base, and one of every rookie card.

• << <i>Ricky Davis is a selfish son of a ^%$@. I wish Stevenson would've ripped his head off. Davis showed no class and proved once and for all that he is a joke. Enjoy your moment of glory Davis cause when you come to the Delta Center next year you're gonna get stomped. How's a nice elbow to the nose from Malone feel cause you're gonna find out. >>

What if Malone retires? But if I was him I would get the all-time scoring title then retire, the guy is perfectly healthy, in tip top physical condition, and is every bit as good as he was 5 years ago....Mailman, keep deliveringimage

Also has some young talent around him....Stevenson, Harpring, Foreign Point Guard (forget name), and Kirilenko....Why not stay 2 more years?

• looks like someone's just mad cuz the cavs whooped the jazz. jazz, this isn't the first time that you just get all mad cuz your team lost. you have no sportsmanship man.
  • ejones06---your right, he seems more heated than Ron Artest in the heat of the moment

"selfish son of a ^%$@"

"How's a nice elbow to the nose from Malone feel cause you're gonna find out"

brutal...just plain brutal

but i agree, that wasnt very classy what he did

in an and 1 game, or ymca league, or church league game that would even be low...he shoulda dribbled a couple seconds and ended the game

(disgruntled)

• SlipKnot515SlipKnot515 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭

<< <i>looks like someone's just mad cuz the cavs whooped the jazz. jazz, this isn't the first time that you just get all mad cuz your team lost. you have no sportsmanship man. >>

actually, ricky davis has no sportsmanship...jazz has the right to be angry, I know if he pulled that crap against the blazers, I'd be pissed..
  • I'm a big fan of Ricky Davis but I don't think he should have attempted that. I think it's funny that he tried it and all but he should never try something like that again. Well we all know that the Cavs are going to trade him in the off season so this may hurt his value even more.
    CB4
  • If you have only won 10 games this season then its aight to go out and have a little fun. Its like that E-Rob dunk he did on Miami...they were in Miami and crushing the Heat. Then at the end of the game E-Rob steals the ball and does some nastry dunk to conclude the game. MY PROPS TO DAVIS......BTW: JAZZ SUCK!!!
  • exactly, this proffesionalism stuff is wack...
    let em have some fun in a game that means absolutely squat
  • PistolPetePistolPete Posts: 352 ✭✭
    A job is a job, and you need to have respect for it. What Davis did shows his lack of respect for his fellow NBA players, his team, and the game.
    imageimage
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Just another NBA loser trying to boost his stats... That's just another reason why the NBA sucks.
  • 49erfan3349erfan33 Posts: 1,095
    There was NO disrespect, not to the game, his players, or anyone else. However, he did embarrass himself and probably his teammates. Really, he just showed that he's a dumba$$
    Refs & Trade Page

Some wants:
    49er Autos
    Owens 96 Refractors
    Garcia 99 Leaf R&S
    89 UD R. Johnson
    ANY Arod RCs
    ANY Roy Williams
    OKLAHOMA SOONERS

Trying to pad your stats without earning them is showing a lack of respect towards the game and those who worked for those tripple doubles and earned them.
    imageimage
  • 49erfan3349erfan33 Posts: 1,095
    ..but Davis didn't get the triple double.
    Refs & Trade Page

Some wants:
    49er Autos
    Owens 96 Refractors
    Garcia 99 Leaf R&S
    89 UD R. Johnson
    ANY Arod RCs
    ANY Roy Williams
    OKLAHOMA SOONERS

• As the one of the ricky davis fans on here i dont think that he was in the right here. This is BS and he really should get nailed next time they play the jazz. I do however think that it is funny because the jazz were getting killed by the dam cavs
    My E-Bay Auctions

Glenn Robinson Auto Collection 7/21
  • As another Ricky fan,m just cause of his Iowa ties. He's a dumb@$$ but the fact that he got 12 assists suprised the sh!t outta me.
    Check out my Site
    AIM:IGotmadgame333
    email: cctjones@marshallnet.com
    ebay id-TimDwight83
    imagehttp://forums.collectors.com/attachments//Ricky.jpg">
  • listen up all you haters....

Ricky Davis owned the cavs and deserved to get that rebound. Who cares? The only people mad are Jazz fans because they BLOW!!!!

Ricky Davis is better than any player on the Jazz. Malone and Stockton are gona need respirators because they will have a heartattack going up for a layup if they stay in the league. Nobody likes the Jazz. Stockton wears friggin short shorts, and malone blows. Kirilenko is never giong to be good and Harpring sucks too. The jazz should be banned from basketball....i mean they wear freakin purple jerseys and play in utah, it cant get much worse than that.

And for the record....CAVS own the JAZZ. Cavs gona win it in 04.

And to all you people complaining about Davis.....your just mad because youll never come close to getting a triple double and hes 20 times better than you could ever be.
  • and another thing, the cavs arent trading Davis you MORON. Are you seriously dumb? He is there best player. They are trading darius Miles who SUCKS and cant hit a jumper for his life.
  • UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    LOL keep your pants on Dajuanwagner2, Malone is still a better player than Ricky Davis will EVER be, same goes for Stockton and Wagner.
  • LMAO @ DWagner..

The Jazz are twenty times better than the Cavs(look at the standings). Stockton and Malone are two of the best players ever, so don't hate on them because them and their team had a bad night. It seems that the Cavs had a bad night every night this season...

Cavs will need a lot of rebuilding to become even close to being a playoff team.

<< <i>And to all you people complaining about Davis.....your just mad because youll never come close to getting a triple double and hes 20 times better than you could ever be. >>

Truthfully, no one was hating on him, they were just stating that what he did was disrespectful/selfish/whatever. No one on this board currently plays in the NBA, so, I don't think they'd get an NBA triple double, and since Ricky does play in the NBA, he should be better than people on this board.

Just my .02, thanks.

Mike
    60+ sucessful trades on here.
  • malone and stockton are definitley not 2 of the best ever. Wagner will be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Stockton and Ricky Davis dosent play power forward, and is still better than malone.

I think malone likes it when stockton wears those short shorts....

• << <i>and another thing, the cavs arent trading Davis you MORON. Are you seriously dumb? He is there best player. They are trading darius Miles who SUCKS and cant hit a jumper for his life. >>

I like your thinking...i agree
    Davis is the man, and it was hillarious, aw sloans dumb, and a jerk, have a since of humor ya loser..
  • dirtmonkey-Just another NBA loser trying to boost his stats... That's just another reason why the NBA sucks.

I couldn't agree more with what dirtmonkey says.The only thing I would add is that the Cavs suck worse than most of the rest of the
    NBA.Ricky needs to go toke another joint with his homies; that's about the only triple double he deserves.What a loser!
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
    Stockton and Malone are also alot older than Davis, but in their prime were among the best out there. Stockton has over 15,000 career assists and Malone is one of the highest scorers ever. I don't see how anybody could even consider Davis to be that great, wasn't he a Hornet at one point? You can't be that great if they let him go or traded him that early on in his career.

It has nothing to do with how good he is, I'd say any player who tries to pad his stats, act like a complete jackass, and rub a win in another teams face is not showing respect. It wouldn't Matter if its Jordan, Kobe, Iverson, or Ricky Davis.
    imageimage
  • DejuanWagner you are a stupid, stupid little boy. First you insult the game of basketball by saying an idiot-monkey like Ricky Davis, who is notorious around the league for being a selfish jackass will be better than Malone, who is the greatest power forward in the history of the NBA, and by the time he retires will be the league's all-time leading scorer. It's obvious you are a stupid little 10-year old who has no clue what's been happening in basketball before this year. So shut up and collect your cool Cavs cards (note heavy amount of sarcasm), and then come back in 2004 when they still suck and are still in last place and apologize to everyone for forcing your babbling idiocy on us all.

Erik
    I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...... but you appear unarmed

"Stop talking, negotiating,
    Your feeble attempts at world peace
    Give me a %#@*ing break
    Need worldwide genocide, planetary suicide
    And when the whole damn world is dead
    there's your %#@*ing peace"
  • dude malone is no where near the best PF ever. lmfao
  • UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭

<< <i>dude malone is no where near the best PF ever. lmfao >>

then who is?
  • what he did was totally uncalled for. Does he care about his stats that much. I don't blame Slon for getting heated. He just made himself look like a damn fool!
    My References

Marino Card Count: 1134
  • SlipKnot515SlipKnot515 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭

<< <i>dude malone is no where near the best PF ever. lmfao >>

I'm a Blazers fan. I HATE the Jazz, but I can still admit that Malone is THE best PF ever. You just prove to me how ignorant and moronic people can be. You let your love for the terrible Cavs cloud the truth, being, Ricky Davis will never be called one of the 50 greatest players in the NBA. He will never be better than Stockton. He will never be better than Malone. He's a selfish POS and that's about it...
  • this coming from a jailblazers fan. how can you talk about dispespecting the game when your whole team is a bunch of potheads?
  • Bill Russell was the best PF ever. And theres PFs in the game today that are better than malone.....

Duncan
    Webber
    Garnett (Pf/Sf)

all kill him.
  • Malone is a legend, even without a ring, just look at his numbers man...2nd all time in total points and 7th all time in rebounds , jsut shy of 2000 short of kareem, without malone and stockton when people heard the word the "jazz" they would be like...whos that, ive never heard of that team, malone and stockton have built that team to wat it ....and about the ricky davis thign, hes a young kid and was caught up in the moment, but total disrespect to the game
    my site
    CU Refs- Fuzz86, Duncangalx2, lafrentz06, playr050, ahares, battier, PunKrocKtrojaN, SpeedMaster x2, Magic1fan, Beave2, Patman2011, pugsley, lilgotz1, netfan5, gmac, felix76, nismo68, xxchamp34xx, kbryant1, dmiles89, ladude465, zbarr23, PHil2347, judgement, panthersfan, tomkat, kobecollector, ljmaya, jimjoe
  • actually, ricky davis has no sportsmanship...jazz has the right to be angry, I know if he pulled that crap against the blazers, I'd be pissed..

what i'm talking about is like on tr, jazz in one of his post says that he just hates it when the jazz lose and everything and hates kobe or whoever it was (i'm pretty sure it was kobe). why does he hate kobe? because he dropped 40+ pts on the jazz?

what i'm really saying is show some sportsmanship and how about congratulating the laker fans instead of hating a player or players because they crushed the jazz..

• << <i>Stockton and Malone are also alot older than Davis, but in their prime were among the best out there. Stockton has over 15,000 career assists and Malone is one of the highest scorers ever. I don't see how anybody could even consider Davis to be that great, wasn't he a Hornet at one point? You can't be that great if they let him go or traded him that early on in his career.

It has nothing to do with how good he is, I'd say any player who tries to pad his stats, act like a complete jackass, and rub a win in another teams face is not showing respect. It wouldn't Matter if its Jordan, Kobe, Iverson, or Ricky Davis. >>

i disagree

kobe was once a hornet....tmac was once a raptor

they will both go down as legends ....in the new era of the nba, young guys are certainly not going to be studs right away, practically kids in the nba....they have no chance to start out, but after a few years, and even if teams give up on them they still end up showing how great they may be

also jermaine oneal former blazer