Home Sports Talk

Is Verlander washed?

craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is 7 starts into his age 40 season. He has thrown 39 innings and his ERA sits at 4.85. K's are down, WHIP is up.

has age finally caught up to him?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like in his last 4 starts he has 2 real good and 2 really bad performances.

We'll see if he heats up with the weather.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geezuz I didn't realize he was 40

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Est. Earnings (19 seasons) $346,596,555. Good for Justin. This has to be his last contract as father time does catch up.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

He seems to have made a deal with the devil. Made tons of money, throws a 100, won cy young’s and 2 World Series, going to the hall of fame, and his most impressive accomplishment may be that he got Kate Upton to marry him. She’s quite entertaining in the stands to with her trash talking right back to people chirping her husband.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

He seems to have made a deal with the devil. Made tons of money, throws a 100, won cy young’s and 2 World Series, going to the hall of fame, and his most impressive accomplishment may be that he got Kate Upton to marry him. She’s quite entertaining in the stands to with her trash talking right back to people chirping her husband.

With all those accomplishments and money I'd say the least surprising thing was getting Upton to marry him.

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

With all those accomplishments and money I'd say the least surprising thing was getting Upton to marry him.

She had more money than he did by far and gave up her career for them to have a family. They seem super happy with their kids and she says it was the right choice, it wasn’t a case of chasing him. They met on a video game commercial and he chased her. Landing her was like at least 3 Cy Young’s in a row with a WS mixed in.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

edited June 10, 2023 3:01PM

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

She had more money than he did by far and gave up her career for them to have a family. They seem super happy with their kids and she says it was the right choice, it wasn’t a case of chasing him. They met on a video game commercial and he chased her. Landing her was like at least 3 Cy Young’s in a row with a WS mixed in.

Umm no.

Upton was worth roughly 20 million when she met Verlander, not any chance during any time in their professional careers was she ever worth more than him, not even close.

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

Umm no.

Upton was worth roughly 20 million when she met Verlander, not any chance during any time in their professional careers was she ever worth more than him, not even close.

That’s not an accurate site. She was a top supermodel that was also taking roles in Hollywood. Giselle was worth more than Tom. This is dumb to argue about but no she wasn’t gold digging and yes it was his biggest accomplishment as guys much richer and more successful than Verlander were perusing her constantly and didn’t stop when they got together. It was half meant as a joke half serious but if we’re going to take it serious the idea that she just melted because of an MLB pitcher talking to her is just no

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

Umm no.

That’s not an accurate site. She was a top supermodel that was also taking roles in Hollywood. Giselle was worth more than Tom. This is dumb to argue about but no she wasn’t gold digging and yes it was his biggest accomplishment as guys much richer and more successful than Verlander were perusing her constantly and didn’t stop when they got together. It was half meant as a joke half serious but if we’re going to take it serious the idea that she just melted because of an MLB pitcher talking to her is just no

I didn't say she was gold digging at all, but I'm pretty confident that if he was a construction worker rather than a MLB pitcher we wouldn't be having this discussion.

They are both happy and successful, it's a good story, I am sure they are as genuinely happy as they seem to be.

On another point of view regarding her, she is definitely attractive Ofcourse but I don't put her in the top 20 of SI cover girls

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

Umm no.

I didn't say she was gold digging at all, but I'm pretty confident that if he was a construction worker rather than a MLB pitcher we wouldn't be having this discussion.

They are both happy and successful, it's a good story, I am sure they are as genuinely happy as they seem to be.

On another point of view regarding her, she is definitely attractive Ofcourse but I don't put her in the top 20 of SI cover girls

Well if he was a construction worker they would have never met unless he was somehow doing a commercial with her somehow.

Not having her top 20 for SI cover is wild. I get everyone has different tastes but she’s at worst top 5 and more realistically top 3 with Decker and Ireland.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I personally dont find Upton attractive at all. not even a little bit. But again, tastes vary.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

edited June 10, 2023 6:19PM

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

Umm no.

Well if he was a construction worker they would have never met unless he was somehow doing a commercial with her somehow.

Not having her top 20 for SI cover is wild. I get everyone has different tastes but she’s at worst top 5 and more realistically top 3 with Decker and Ireland.

I'm going back to the late 80's, Kathy Ireland, Rachel Hunter and Paulina Porizkova through the Modern cover girls, yea not even close to top 20

But that is neither here or there, we all.have are own personal tastes.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    He is 7 starts into his age 40 season. He has thrown 39 innings and his ERA sits at 4.85. K's are down, WHIP is up.

has age finally caught up to him?

No. He's had more good starts than bad ones. And it's just 7 games. He was worse in 2008 and that was a full season.