Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

16-box 2022 Bowman Chrome University Football Break - Last 3 hits posted

ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried my Leaf buying strategy with 2022 Bowman Chrome U FB Hobby Boxes. I bought 4 boxes from 4 different sellers - 3 online sellers and 1 at the Franks & Sons show - 16 total. Each box has 24 packs, 4 card each, 2 autos per box.

It was nice to rip a Topps FB box after 8 years. I like Optic but Chrome FB feels more like home to me. I ripped the first 4 yesterday. The card quality out of the packs isn't bad, better than Bowman Best U. So far no auto redemptions, I hope that continues.

The checklist has a lot of players that I'm not familiar with, so I may have pulled a nice card but don't realize yet. I'll post the best hits, but for now here is a hit I pulled out of Box #3.

I'm ripping the next 4 today and will try to post more cards later tonight.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like them, but I prefer colorful cards. Williams is projected to go in the top 1 or 2 in next seasons draft so you hit a big one right out the gate. Very nice!

Keep them coming. I have been saving up for a nice down payment on a Hellcat so I haven't bought much in the last 2 years.
    I am living vicariously through you! >:)

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may just be my thoughts only, but I feel like college uniform cards do not sell very well. I've always stayed away from the Panini draft products for that very reason, but like I said, it may just be my thoughts only and these Bowman U cards might do very well.

• Options
    edited June 1, 2023 9:55AM

nam - it's all relative. The upfront cost is a lot less, so even though they do sell for less than NFL, you can still make a few bucks. The boxes cost around $120 each, so the Caleb will cover most of the first 4 boxes and I still have 7 more autos and a bunch of refractors to sell. All of the top teams have pretty good demand, especially if they are still playing in college. I have Nakobe Dean NFL Auto Rookies than don't move, but his Georgia auto cards sell pretty consistently for me.

Mike
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2023 8:04AM

I'm 10 boxes in. I should be able to finish the rip later today. So far so good, lots of nice color and I think I will be able to build a few complete base sets.

So far my "spread your buy" theory is holding out. I pulled these pair of aces, one from box group #2 and box group #3. I still have two more to rip from group #3 and then the last group.

Mike
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! Another box covered in value.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike, are those Strouds numbered?

• Options

Here are the big hits from the last 4 boxes. The Big Kahuna Autos are #/150, the Bo Nix is #/25. I'm a huge Notre Dame fan so pulling the Hartman was fun.

The Strouds are both #/99. Overall not a bad rip. I got a ton of inserts and refractors in the $10-$30 range. I should be able to piece together at least 4 sets, it's only a 100 card base.

Would I do it again? Probably since I see the box prices have softened a bit. Maybe just 4, that seems to be the magic number. A comparable break would have been 8 2022 Donruss Football Hobby Boxes. That would be 8 autos and 8 jersey cards plus all of the numbered inserts, I probably won't make my money back, but I did pull more big hit that I would have gotten in the Donruss boxes.

Mike