Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1996 WCW Bash At The Beach Ticket Stub

vanillacoker1vanillacoker1 Posts: 2

So those that are pro wrestling fans will know that this was the night when Hulk Hogan turned heel and the nWo was formed. I was lucky enough to have attended the show when I was in Daytona for the NASCAR race that weekend, and managed to hold onto the stub all these years. However- I have ZERO clue about its value. I openly admit that I am clueless when it comes to the whole PSA valuing thing- I get the idea that you can send it in for them to grade. But in terms of value, if the stub is only worth $150 and I spend $75 for them to value it, then it seems counterproductive to lose half of what I could make on it just to get a valuation. So, I thought I would post a picture of it here and get any feedback on if it's worth anything, or if it's even worth spending the money to send it in. Any input I can get would be appreciated- I have looked all over eBay and internet searches with no concrete answers.

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

Well I wouldn't pay anymore than $30 to grade it as that is good up to $500 in value. Now the question is do you grade it authentic or number grade. With the corner and the yellowing I'd imagine it's a mid-grade at best.

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

If you are on Facebook, I would join the group Boogers Ticket Stubs. Big group of ticket collectors on there with some serious wrestling guys that would be able to help you. I would imagine Hogan turning heel and the formation of the NWO would be desirable.

Might also be worth getting it signed by Hogan.

• Options

That is an AWESOME ticket stub! Unforgettable night in pro wrestling history.

And just fifteen bucks for ringside?!?!? Those days are looooooong gone.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had to be more than $15 to buy the Pay Per View. Unless it wasn’t a PPV. I do remember watching it.

• Options

@MantleMarisFordBerra said:
    That is an AWESOME ticket stub! Unforgettable night in pro wrestling history.

And just fifteen bucks for ringside?!?!? Those days are looooooong gone.

Walked up to the Box Office the day before and bought my ticket- sat 13th row on the floor, hard camera side- I was where the runway to the ring opened up. That's also a day that has LONG since passed.

• Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

I would grade it. I have been following some PSA graded wresting tickets lately and they are going for good money. This is an iconic moment. I remember the Rock's first WWF match at Survivor Series recently went for $1800 in a PSA 3 ( I think a PSA 4 went for $2400). I think it would be worth the grading.