Home Sports Talk

Peyton Manning vs Aaron Rodgers

craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

who do you think was the better QB?

between the two, give me ol' long neck. His efficiency stats may not quite match up with Arods, but keep in mind, he played the entire decade of his 20s in the "old rules" which were implimented from 07-14 or so regarding hits to QB and contact in secondary for WR. Arod played his entire prime with the "new rules"

what do you think?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

As you are a Brady fan, I hope you don't mind this little nugget being inserted into your thread immediately. Let us remember, or for some acknowledge, that the rule changes were put in place for one reason and for one reason only (slight hyperbole, but only slight).

That reason was to allow the golden child, number one pick, franchise QB, face of the league, aforementioned "ol' long neck",to rise up and take his place atop the NFL @galaxy27 (two birds, one stone) after being almost white-washed by a perennial string of Brady bonanza.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd take Manning

Manning for sure. He was a lot of fun to watch as well. Really miss those Pats Colts games.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tell you, I couldnt STAND Manning during the rivalry years, but I truly do miss the "Omaha, Omaha" and many other things about his game.

@craig44 said:
    I tell you, I couldnt STAND Manning during the rivalry years, but I truly do miss the "Omaha, Omaha" and many other things about his game.

He drove me nuts during those years as well. But those games were amazing. I came to appreciate watching him later a lot more.

If anyone didn't see this game, it was epic. Here are some highlights... (Romo vs Peyton) https://youtu.be/Ap_DtJfLS-s

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2022 7:47AM

I'd take Manning over Rodgers anyday. Imho,Peyton might have one of the most gifted football minds while Rodgers might be one of the most physically gifted QBs ever. If we were to combine those two we'd probably get John Elway.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

can you imagine Elway in todays game. Josh Allen would be a very similar player.