Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grading Expert Inquiry

Hey all,

I've been scouring the internet for someone to help me out with screening cards before sending them off to PSA. A little background I help run a company that deals in high end collectibles such as wine, art, cars and sports cards. We help our clients sell sports memorabilia through a partnership with a prominent auction house on the east coast. We are located in Orange County, CA. We have 3 collections, all from wealthy business owners who have collected both raw cards from their childhoods all the way to PSA 10 rookies.

Myself and my partner view ourselves as good amateur graders but have quickly realized we need to bring someone else onboard as a consultant for screening ungraded cards before sending them to PSA. Ideally, we'd like to bring on someone with professional grading experience. We have around 80,000 raw cards - obviously a lot are commons and wouldn't need to be graded but we believe we have somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 cards to send to PSA for grading. They range from Kobe to Mantles.

If anyone is able to point me in the right direction or knows someone who could help as is living in or near Orange County, CA we would love to connect.

Feel free to DM me or shoot me an email - thewineape@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2022 12:38PM

If you are in the OC, why are you using a East Coast auctioneer? There is a Heritage Office in Beverly Hills. If you have some heavy hitters, they would get them graded for you.

Since you have so many cards, I'd reach out to a local card shop.

Also, what makes someone a Professional Grader? Someone who used to work at PSA? I'm an amateur grader who submits cards... I could probably drive down from LA.