Options

There are flyovers at events and then there's THIS FLYOVER

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

49 planes...not easy to do!

https://youtu.be/TZDNYV_xocY

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, it is amazing how each plane manages to stay in the perfect spot, just the right distance from eachother.

• Options
    edited February 9, 2022 3:33PM

Everyone was on one frequency, same airspeed and altitude.

A guiding pilot was flying underneath and a little behind the group telling pilots to either "move up 4 or 5 feet", "move left a little". He had a chart in his lap depicting the call signs of each aircraft.

This Sunday you will only see 4 aircraft, the coolest of them all will be the P51. Had it not been for the famous P-51 red tails, flown by black pilots then, many more would have died in WWII.

• Options

My uncle Joe who lives in Colorado is a retired pilot for US Airways back in the day, he had an acrobatic plane that he used to do all kinds of flips in, here is a photo of my uncle in his plane and the plane at an airstrip.

• Options

And this is how it was done.

https://youtu.be/G_p-R2i13HU

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    My uncle Joe who lives in Colorado is a retired pilot for US Airways back in the day, he had an acrobatic plane that he used to do all kinds of flips in, here is a photo of my uncle in his plane and the plane at an airstrip.

Very cool plane. The closest I came to aerobatics was having to practice departure stalls. Scared the crap out of me!

• Options

Awesome stuff!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@doubledragon said:

Very cool plane. The closest I came to aerobatics was having to practice departure stalls. Scared the crap out of me!

I hear you, it scares me just watching it!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2022 2:04PM

That is insane

On a separate note my 17 year old 6' 10" nephew just got his pilots license. This is his first flight with his Mom ( my sister). He is flying along the Detroit River. Canada is on one side and Detroit on the other. He is at the University of North Dakota today. It's one of the top three schools for flight school in the nation.

Max, with my 5' 7" wife. She is also wearing heels

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Piloting your own airplane not only gives you an incredible sense of accomplishment, but the pure joy of seeing things most people never see. I got my private and commercial pilot's licenses in Portland, Maine. Flying just off-shore over the countless islands, and the Fall colors at 1,000 feet (or so), was just magical.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can fly. After Nam I got into crop dusting. I just want some payback.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.