Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

SOLD Vintage US Mint Canvas Coin Money/Bank Bags (cents, nickels, dimes and quarters)

commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
edited November 8, 2021 2:20PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD. Thanks for all the interest!

Selling my last remaining US Mint Bags. Great mix of denominations. Tons of room for profit on these (they sell for up to $10 each in small amounts depending on the denomination), just moving and real need the space. They sell great on ebay and I'm sure they'd sell well at Coin Shows or in a shop.

Really looking to sell these as a lot. Might do smaller quantities but prices would be dependent on amount. No quantities less than 150.

Here is what I have for sale:

250 quarters
150 nickels
150 dimes
250 cents

800 total mixed bags. I will throw in any extras if I have them.

Some more info:

The condition of the bags varies from heavily used to unused. You will receive a mix. There will be bags in worse condition than the photos (those are just an example)

Bags may have discoloration, staining, wrinkling, stamps, pen writing or other markings. They might have a slightly musty smell due to being in storage for so long (you can air them out or wash them but I am selling them as I bought them). All bags are in tact and usable. A few may have tiny pinholes but none that effect bag’s functionality.

Most of the bags will have moderate wrinkling. They are easy to iron. I have not ironed any of them. Most bags are also stamped with a date ranging from the late 1980s to 2000. Specific dates cannot be requested. Some dates are crossed out, others are not.

There may be different inspector’s initials on each bag.
Some that I have seen are: S.W.B., G.I.D.C., L.I. Inc.

Fonts, letter sizes and wording layout may be slightly different from bag to bag.

There will be color variations from bag to bag ranging from bright white to brown.

The bags are made of very high quality, heavy cotton canvas.

Comments

• Options
    DontTellTheWifeDontTellTheWife Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Good seller!!

• Options

Bump! Open to trades. Really just need to free up some space

• Options

bump

• Options

bump

• Options

make an offer

• Options

bump

• Options

Make an offer. I won't be offended. I want to get out of the mint bag business :)

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

fwiw, if i had the extra cash (and room), i'd probably give these a shot, strictly for resale. probably take years to get rid of em but i've used a lot of canvas bags over the years and they are very handy.

hope it goes well for ya.

perhaps split them up into 4-8 groups to make them more manageable for purchase although i'm sure you've though of that. i know people want them, just gotta find that sweet spot.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    fwiw, if i had the extra cash (and room), i'd probably give these a shot, strictly for resale. probably take years to get rid of em but i've used a lot of canvas bags over the years and they are very handy.

hope it goes well for ya.

perhaps split them up into 4-8 groups to make them more manageable for purchase although i'm sure you've though of that. i know people want them, just gotta find that sweet spot.

Yeah, I've made a lot on these over the years selling in small numbers. Really need the space so just hoping to sell wholesale to someone with the space/time to sell them in smaller lots. A lot of money to be made. Pretty surprised they haven't sold yet. Sometimes they can sell for up to $15 each if you're patient.

Seems like I might be sitting on them some more! Just can't afford to give them away

• Options

bump

• Options

bump

• Options

bump

• Options

$1900 shipped for all of them! There is a ton of money to be made here. Moving and really don't want to have to move these

• Options
    edited October 13, 2021 9:14AM

bump and another price drop

• Options

Final price drop before I keep paying for storage.
    $1700 and I'll cover shipping in the continental US.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the smallest number of bags that you're willing to sell one for how much.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@JWP said:
    What is the smallest number of bags that you're willing to sell one for how much.

Hi, trying to sell together, but could possibly sell 150 at a time. Price would depend on the amount of each denomination

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

They would be for my use. I don't resell very often.. 150 would be more than I could use. Thanks, Jon

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@JWP said:
    They would be for my use. I don't resell very often.. 150 would be more than I could use. Thanks, Jon

Fair enough. Feel free to send a dm with an offer on what you're interested. The price would be significantly higher for small quantities though. This price is only because I'm trying to sell them all wholesale. Thanks for the interest

• Options
    edited October 25, 2021 7:02PM

Bump. Had a member who said they were going to take them but won't respond to my messages now, so still available! $1700 for all 800 bags and I'll pay for shipping too

• Options

Bump

• Options
    edited November 8, 2021 2:19PM

Sold. Thanks for all the interest!

• Options

Thanks!!

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your persistence paid off! Congrats.

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@comma Congrats is in order.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Haha thanks guys!
    (I actually realized I have some more in storage than I thought if anybody still wants some :D )

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@comma you are truly the bagman! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@comma said:
    Haha thanks guys!
    (I actually realized I have some more in storage than I thought if anybody still wants some :D )

gratz on selling what i presume to be the bulk!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -