Home Q & A Forum
Options

Sorry PCGS, but you've lost a repeat customer

Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

Being fairly new to PCGS, only since the first of the year, I thought I'd help out our host and order some supplies through the PCGS store. Since I was leaving on the 19th, I ordered 2 packets of Mylar 2 1/2" flips and a roll of stickers through the PCGS store on the 4th so I could put together a submission and have it gone before the 19th. I was kind of surprised that 5 oz of stuff cost $13.00 to get mailed, but figured what the hell, I needed the flips so would just go with the flow.

Well, here it is the 17th, and even if I get them tomorrow, won't have time to put the submission together before I leave with all the other stuff I need to do. From now on, will just order off of eBay and get what I need in 4 days.

Extremely disappointed with the service! The Coved excuse is wearing mighty thin when it only takes about 20 minutes to put the package together, create a mailing label and post the package! Since to get a tracking number, I have to call customer service, wait on the phone for about an Hour and then I can track it, again, the hassle just isn't worth it.

Bruce

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get great service and orders filled quickly from Lighthouse and Wizard. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Roy. I've used both Lighthouse and Wizard and gotten great service, but I can't believe that someone with the first name in their title of "Professional" can be so damn sloppy about customer care. As I read down the forum I find that I'm not the only one and this is not not the only division that is seemingly way the heck behind in service. Seems to be a direct result of flow down from where they are located.

I know that when my Construction Company had this much volume from all over the United States, we opened another office on the East Coast.

Just sayin!

Bruce

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bruce7789 said:
    Seems to be a direct result of flow down from where they are located.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean, but I’m sure their poor customer service has nothing to do with where they are located.

You can also order the flips direct from the manufacturer and cut out all the middlemen.

https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/et_kointainer-173/us-coins/Default.aspx

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tread lightly on the message board, my brother.
    Pcgs is far and away the best grading service company.
    Their business is focused on coin grading. You cant get that service anywhere else, but supplies, yeah maybe do that business somewhere else.
    B)

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone