Home Sports Talk

Apparently Lebron still has it!!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three Point Buzzer Beater from about eight feet past the arc to oust the Golden Boy and Golden State!!

'Nuff said................................

Al H.

Comments

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great shot but GS hasn’t been ousted yet they’re still in play for the 8th seed tomorrow night vs Memphis.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keets.

I can picture you jumping off your couch with joy and dancing across the floor when the King hit the game winning shot.

He still has it.

Enjoy watching LBJ and the Lakers play the Suns in round one.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2021 9:08AM

Game winning shot. He saw 3 hoops, picked the middle one.

Kobe-esque.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only saw the highlights. Looks like I missed a good one.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess he decided he had to do something after the first half he had. I mean come on man you don’t expect him to play a whole game?
    James and Davis went 3 for 19 in the first half. Impressive #’s for the defending champs.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't this James first game back from a lengthy injury?

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    edited May 20, 2021 4:19PM

@Justacommeman said:
    Wasn't this James first game back from a lengthy injury?

m

edit: It was his fifth.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Three Point Buzzer Beater from about eight feet past the arc to oust the Golden Boy and Golden State!!

'Nuff said................................

Al H.

Buzzer beater? He hit the shot with 58 seconds left. There were 2 more shots, 2 rebounds, a timeout, and a bad pass AFTER his shot.

edited May 20, 2021 2:49PM

I think he meant 24 second clock, it had 1 second left.

58 seconds later it turned out to be the winning basket.

Steph Curry's take:

“It was a great shot. Broken play. I sunk in thinking he was kinda out of the play and they found him, he got his balance just in time and knocked it down. That was a tough one because you don’t really expect it to go in, you expect us to get the rebound, come down in transition and have a possession to take the lead, but everything changes when it goes in. All-time great players make great shots, that’s what happens. No different tonight, but it’s a tough one.”

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    I think he meant 24 second clock, it had 1 second left.

58 seconds later it turned out to be the winning basket.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve read plenty of online comments today from Lebron fans bragging after he hit the “game winning three” with :58 seconds left that turned out to be the deciding factor over the Warriors and can’t help but think of the irony in this situation.
    For years Lebron fans have downplayed Kyrie Irving’s “game winning three” with :54 seconds left against the Warriors in Game 7 that ultimately turned out be the deciding factor in the Cavs winning their only Championship in team history yet now that Lebron did the same in a far less meaningful game everyone wants to bow down to his Greatness. :D:D:D