Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

SOLD Don Everhart signed 3 piece Carson City Morgan set. SOLD

mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2021 1:01PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1882, 1883 and 1884 Carson City Morgan set . NGC graded Unc with Don Everhart signature on each label. Comes in wooden display box.

$950 or best offer, no fee, echeck or regular check.

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK,,,,, I have to ask,,,,,,,, who is Don Everhart?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    OK,,,,, I have to ask,,,,,,,, who is Don Everhart?

The guy in the picture. That was an easy one...next ?

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is he related to Dale Earnhardt?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is one of the US Mint’s current engravers.

thefinn
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2021 8:47PM

Mint retired lead sculptor.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice group and packaging. Any ideas why NGC did not assign an actual grade to each coin rather than just Unc? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

I assume that this is done so that there are not differently graded coins in a set like this.
    According to NGC's site "For some bulk submissions, NGC will allow the submitter to request that only the adjectival grade be printed on the NGC certification label. This is generally done only for large submissions of relatively common coins.

• Options

And now I know something new. Thanks for that. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Bump

• Options

Bump

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like Don had a lot to do with the CC dies? I don't get why these would be collectible. Sorry, but it's not making any sense to me Roger.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

I tend to agree with you but they are nice examples of CC Morgans

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    Like Don had a lot to do with the CC dies? I don't get why these would be collectible. Sorry, but it's not making any sense to me Roger.

bob :)

The labels don’t make a whole lot of sense to me either, but the coins seem collectible enough! :)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

Confucius say...
    Buy coin not holder. Peace Roy