Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] "Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #11 (aka CoinTalk Giveaway #52)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 14, 2021 1:19AM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Hello, everyone.

I have posted several coin lots in a thread over on CoinTalk.

These are all inexpensive items, but I think I've posted an interesting variety of prizes to choose from.

First, go check them out and see which item you might like.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/lordm-giveaway-52-pick-your-prize.373017/

To enter this giveaway here:

State which one of the lots you would like to have, and in a few words, describe what you like about it. That post will be your entry post. I will tally all entries from this site over there on CoinTalk, so all the entries from both sites will be counted in one drawing. If you also have a CoinTalk membership, you may post a second entry over there to double your chances.

Alternately, if none of the coins are anything you want for yourself, you may designate another Collectors Universe member to receive your prize instead. Just name that member rather than choosing a coin. Then if you do win, your chosen recipient will be able to pick whichever coin they want.

The drawing will be done via random number generator sometime in early February, 2021.

Entries from international members are welcome. There are no shipping charges or strings attached.

I hope you all have a happy new year.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("LordM")

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Entry post, I like # 8. Who doesn't want pirate booty.

• 12 entry, because I like it's name and detail. Thanks for

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@beaver96 - your entry post has been registered, and is Post #23 on the CoinTalk thread, so 23 will be your lucky number in the drawing, come early February.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/lordm-giveaway-52-pick-your-prize.373017/page-2#post-5385135

@Marylooloo - your entry post has been registered, and is Post #24 on the CoinTalk thread, so 24 will be your lucky number in the drawing. (Welcome to CU, BTW- I notice that was your first post here.)

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/lordm-giveaway-52-pick-your-prize.373017/page-2#post-5385136

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Absolutely #28
    I am building a nice collection of quarters and haven't been able to find a nice 1962 Silver Proof of this quality.

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

18 - it is an IHC so I like everything about it :smile:

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• cpoulos1cpoulos1 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited February 1, 2021 4:29PM

I would love to have #8. My wife's grandparents were from Spain and I think it would be nice to get it for her. Penny looks like a kitten we just got. We named her Luna and her brother is Milo. Someone found them and 1 other. I had to bottle feed them for about 3 weeks. The brother we gave away to a lady that used to work for an animal rescue. Couldn't keep all 3 we have 4 rescue dogs and 1 other cat. Have not been on this site for awhile. How have you been you doing?

USAF
    MSGT(RETIRED)
  • Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

19 because family rumor has it that during that time frame, our Great, great, great Uncle was in charge of Animal Husbandry for Wilhelm I until they caught him at it and he had to leave Germany in a hurry. A 5 pfinning piece from this time frame could be something he brought with him, bec ause he sure didn't bring any other family fortune! Thanks for the opportunity to add to the family fortune!

• Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

Guess I screwed up for my first post! How do you change font size?

• EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2021 8:54PM

Entry Post #4

Since I began collecting ancient coins, I've found myself drawn towards Roman coinage from before Constantine's reign. I don't have any coins depicting Elagabalus, so if I were fortunate enough to win, that would be my choice of prize.

delenda est WitterU

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

6. I've always been interested in the older roman coins and this has nice detail. Thanks

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2021 4:28PM

Rob:

Thanks for the opportunity to enter your giveaway!

#22 would be my first choice, because I'm both a sucker for silver & always regretted not having known about or sought anything Barber as a youngster. My silver coins pretty much end with a couple examples of worn Merc's, SLQ's, Walkers, and Morgan/Peace. So that Barber half would be a nice coin to add.

But #16 would otherwise have been my 2nd choice, with similar reasoning. With the exception of maybe 1 other example, I never collected U.S. Large Cents, and it would have made a welcome addition to my collection as well.

But, seeing as I believe I already have one, whereas I don't have any Barber Halves, #22 wins out......

To be perfectly honest with you, however, if my wife didn't have allergies, that ADORABLE KITTEN would have by far & away been my hands-down first choice!!!!!!

-- Dave :)

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see you are still here LordM
    @lordmarcovan :)
    boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Howdy. I've been on hiatus, and away from both forums. I'll try to play catchup before long and get all these entries tallied over on the CT forum, and then do the drawing. Ain't forgot y'all. Just been away.

OK, everyone's entries have been posted on the CoinTalk thread. The drawing shall commence forthwith.

Post #83 was the winner, so Time2shine5299 on CoinTalk won this one. (He chose Lot #27: the rolls of 1927 & 1952 Wheat cents.)

I'll get the next giveaway launched soon.