Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Updated: Coins from Vault - BU roll Morgan, Peace w/keys, Bust 1/2s, Type, Olympic AG, Lowered!

SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 25, 2019 1:00PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Howdy all,

I just purchased a relatively large(ish) collection last week, and I'm setting it out to you all. I'm heading to a show in a week, so this is your opportunity to get them before the big guys do. As much as I want to make this up, I'm not. The collection was purchased from a ninety+ year old preacher, who is also a coin collector. He was liquidating the collection due to health issues of his daughter. I really can't make this any more cliche than it is. But I have no reason to question him, and the deal was done in a bank vault. He's been putting stuff away for years. To me, it looks like the bulk of the collection went into the vault in the 1950s and 1960s. One of the highlights was him telling me about how he would go to the bank every Friday to inquire about silver dollars. And if they had any, he'd buy one or two. Until the teller said she had a half an uncirculated bag in the back.....and he got several rolls of that! He said he was super excited about that! One roll from that bag is listed below! I can't remember when honest to betsy UNC rolls were offered here on BST last....

As with all of my sales, I accept PayPal FF (or G&S +3%), or check and MO if I know you/we've done this before. Due to the weight of these materials, all sales will at $8 for shipping, regardless of quantity for priority mail -- the more you get, the more you save! I'll pick up any necessary insurance. I've priced these competitively; if you feel I haven't, feel free to send me a note about your idea of price. If you need references, I can always supply those as well.

Edits made across the last days.

Many thanks!
Surf

Added is this Peace dollar album, which is mostly complete, with the keys and semi-keys, but a few common dates are missing, oddly. I grade the coins the following way, and I'm pretty accurate, in general. 1921 Ms Det, damage; 22 MS; 22-D MS; 22-S AU cleaned; 23 MS; 23-S AU; 24 XF; 24-S_AU; 25 MS; 25-S XF; 26 VF; 26-S AU; 27-D XF cleaned; _1928 MS Det, cleaned; 1934-D F; 34-S F cleaned; 35 VF+; 35-S F. All together, this is 18 coins plus the album. Asking $775 $750 DELIVERED, which is right at $43 per coin for the KEYS as well! BU common Morgans sell for this price! If you need a close up or two, just PM me.

The last roll is a beautiful roll of 1881-S dollars. Again, super bright, shiny, and clean except for the end roll dollar. It did not tone super nicely, but it is what it is. This one id bid at $920. I am firm there as well. Again, average grade here is 63+, with several 64s and a 65 in the mix. Darn nice roll. I have NOT cherry picked this roll.

Next group is a 3/4 complete roll of 1901-O circulated Morgan dollars. This is a bit better date, with bid going from $31 in G to $38 in AU. These are a really nicely matched set, and span F through XF-low AU for one or two. I think the photo says it all! I don't want to cherry pic this roll for you all, so I'd just like to sell them as a group. Asking $435 $375 for the group ($25 each). This is a super cheap price for uncommon date Morgans, $6 behind bid in G!

Adding into this thread is this small group of Bust Halves. I really, really wish these were perfect, but alas, 2 of the three are not, but I will say, they are priced appropriately. I'd like to sell as a group, just to save on shipping, but if you must have only one or two of them, we can work that out too. They are:

1819, small 9 over 8, I grade it VF 25, scratched. Priced at $100. Bid is $185 in VF20.
1826, VF 20/25, scratched. Priced at $45. Bid is $75.
1835, G 10 / F 15, great condition. Priced at $65. Bid is $67 in F12.
Group total (small discount) is $200.

Several trimes still are available, the rest of the group was sold....total for the remaining group is $55. If you need a different pic, just let me know! III cent nickels and silver only!

1851 3 cent silver, $30, sheet is $40
1865 3 cent nickel, $12, sheet is $14
1867 3 cent nickel, $10, sheet is $14
1866 3 cent nickel, $8, sheet is $14 (holed)
1870 3 cent nickel, $12 (added, no photo)

I've got two Mexico Olympic Silver rounds that are 0.720 silver, and are .52 oz silver each, so this is just over an ounce of silver; these list out on APMEX at $12.89 each. I've also got this 1964 Mexico pseudo mint set. I don't know much about it. A similar one was listed on BST a bit ago for $12 (the un peso is 10% silver, 0.05 oz). I'll take $30 for the group of items, plus shipping.

In the same vein, here's a 1000 yen, .925 silver BU Olympic coin. Most sites list this as $25-45, and NGC has it at $45 in MS 63. This is easily that. How about $30 shipped?

Cheers,
Surf

Dead people tell interesting tales.

Comments