Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Jason Bradford starts (maybe) new currency grading company

tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 1, 2019 11:55AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

http://www.coinnews.net/2019/02/20/jason-w-bradford-launches-legacy-currency-grading/

seems that there has been a down turn at legacy since this was posted...be cautious!

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Informal poll

Will you leave your PCGS-C holdered notes “as is” or,
    Send them to Legacy
    Send them to PMG
    Other ?

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

For now, leave them as is.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish Jason and his new Legacy great success.

Competition is good for the consumer and I suspect that Legacy will be a good competitor.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the whole story behind this big change, and will PCGS-c survive?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave as is !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:

Competition is good for the consumer and I suspect that Legacy will be a good competitor.

This. Very much this.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2019 9:43AM

I am about to sent Superior 1200 notes

http://www.superior-grading.com/

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2019 10:51AM

My Pcgs Currency - leave as is
    Submissions - PMG

I just found about this when got updated CDN. Shocking news. How will this affect sales of notes in PCGS holders? Is the PCGS brand name for Currency being discontinued? Unbelievable.

I had been considering PCGS submission for months and was about to get on board - with this shock it will be PMG. For US I have 7 notes inPCGS holders totaling $352 cost. Most my material PMG. My first inclination blow them (Pcgs) out (eBay) but will just sell cost plus.

An eBay search for PMG yielded about 42k items, PCGS Currency 18k.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • flmasonflmason Posts: 19
    edited March 10, 2019 11:34AM

• mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

I have to question the dates and legality attached. Letter is dated January 2019, but states that the contract is terminated January 30th 2018? Can someone explain this?

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@flmason said:

Interesting edit!

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s important is how will this affect sales of notes in Pcgs holders and will Pcgs offer free cross of Pcgs holdered notes to the new service. How will Pop reports be affected.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

PMG seems to be taking advantage of the demise of PCGS-Currency

http://blog.greysheet.com/pmg-introduces-crossover-service/

PMG also increased their submission prices !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here submitted their currency's to Legacy yet ? If so, how was their accuracy, services, etc. How about Superior ? Thanks !!! :)

Timbuk3
    edited May 15, 2019 8:25AM

It has been 3 months since the article, did this promise come true for any PCGS submittals outstanding?
    Quote from article:

_"Existing grading submissions that were previously submitted to K3B, Inc. now will be graded by Legacy Currency Grading.

"We will be contacting all clients in the immediate future regarding the details of their submissions and the estimated time frame for completion. However, if any client prefers that their notes be returned ungraded and their fees refunded, we will, of course, honor that request," said Bradford. "_

• genlougenlou Posts: 22 ✭✭

Posted my note just received in another thread

@synchr said:

It has been 3 months since the article, did this promise come true for any PCGS submittals outstanding?
    Quote from article:

_"Existing grading submissions that were previously submitted to K3B, Inc. now will be graded by Legacy Currency Grading.

"We will be contacting all clients in the immediate future regarding the details of their submissions and the estimated time frame for completion. However, if any client prefers that their notes be returned ungraded and their fees refunded, we will, of course, honor that request," said Bradford. "_

Can he operate without PCDA accreditation?

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would caution any collectors from submitting notes to Legacy Currency Grading.

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

+1 to mbwizkid post!!

• Please review additional threads about Legacy here:

www.papermoneyforum.com

Jason now has a default judgement for contract fraud filed by Stacks Bowers. Details and complete court documents are shown for your review.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:

OK, I was too optimistic and just wrong. (Except about the competition being good part.)

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Competition is great. Fraud, not so much.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

Legacy's Paypal account is INOP

• This phone number was listed on a returned package of notes received by a customer on the other forum:

615-964-0227

I do not know who answers this phone but the phone number is a TN number. The IL phone number listed on the Legacy website is not being answered and their are no employees at the IL offices.