Home Q & A Forum
Options

What is my 3CN Mint Error worth?

I picked this up at what I thought was a good deal. It has some pretty serious grease fill on both sides, especially obverse. What is this worth? Is it rare?

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to find the right person. Many collectors are unimpressed with this kind of coin. If I were a coin dealer and this came into my shop, I'd only offer you $20 since it is in a slab already. However, a former girlfriend nicknamed me "Cheap Thrills." o:)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 Why no grade on the slab?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:

@Namvet69 said:

I just asked NGC the same question. Their response was that the strike was too weak to determine a grade. That's bs if you ask me!

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭

If you had no real idea as to why worth why buy it in the first place? Care to say how much paid.

Filled die errors are common so no great value or interest. The NGC holder costed $50 or more other fees and that is more than the coin probably worth on its own unholdered.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

So that's a wrap!

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall