Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

~ LORD M/GOLDEN ISLES COINS: Ancient, World, USA, & Misc. (new stuff 7/25) ~

Welcome to my BST Forum "mini store". I've been contemplating a long-running "master thread" with all my stuff in it for a while, instead of listing stuff piecemeal at different times. It's a big project, though, particularly with the World coins, and I am only just beginning.

Consider this my "master swaplist". Some prices are very flexible (a lot of the post-1800s World coins), a little bit flexible (the Ancient & Medieval and pre-1601 coins and Miscellaneous items), and some are fairly firm (the US coins). If you see something you like, don't be shy and afraid to make an offer on it- if I can be flexible on the price, I'll help as much as I can. I'm also willing to consider volume discounts if you are buying a lot of stuff.

If you are cash-poor, as I often am, fear not- I also like to trade. Whatcha got to offer? As you will see, I dabble in a little bit of everything.

TERMS OF SALE: a modest contribution towards shipping costs is appreciated (add appropriate amount for insurance if desired). Coins will usually ship in a bubble mailer. PayPal is fine.

If you use PayPal, PLEASE add your forum name to the payment so I know who you are and what you are buying!

Full return privilege if you are not 100% satisfied. My return privilege is very flexible and has only very rarely been necessary. The only thing I ask is that you notify me as soon as you can if there is a problem or concern of any kind.

Should I ever disappear from the forums and the computer for several days to a week or more, as I sometimes do, and you need to reach me, feel free to call (912) 261-8408 and ask for Rob. I check PMs more than I do email, so emailing me in the event of a forum absence won't help much- usually when I am away, I am away from the computer entirely.

Since this list will likely be too long for a single post, I've broken it down into a series of posts.

Keep scrolling down until you see the stuff you like.

Post #1 INTRODUCTION & TERMS (this post)

Post #2: ANCIENT & MEDIEVAL COINS (anything pre-1601)

Post #3: WORLD COINS (1601 to present)

Post #4: AMERICAN COLONIAL & US COINS (pretty much anything listed in the Redbook except tokens, which go below)

Post #5: MISCELLANEOUS (tokens and exonumia, currency, supplies, interesting non-coin items, etc.)

Post #6: BID BOARD (for when I want to run auctions right here)

Post #7: SHIPPING STATUS (recently sold items which have been shipped)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

imageANCIENT GREECE: UNATTRIBUTED BRONZE COIN, ca. 3rd to 1st century BC.
    Unattributed AE15, definitely ancient Greek and almost certainly BC. Maybe Sicily/Syracuse? Obverse: head of goddess (Athena?). Reverse: winged thunderbolt. Low grade but probably attributable to somebody who knows this period's coinage. At least 2,000 years old. $3.00. SOLD 7/22, "b"

imageROMAN EMPIRE: SILVER ANTONINIANUS of GALLIENUS (253-268 AD)
    Augustus 253-260 AD (with Valerian), 260-268 (alone). AR antoninianus, Antioch mint. Obv.- IMP GALLIENVS PF AVG, radiate draped bust right. Rev- LETITIA AVG G (sic), Laetitia standing left holding wreath and anchor. Ex-Don Rupp, 05/2007, John C. Greener collection 08/1973. DOC rarity rating: 2. A nice bright coin with pale orange toning and terrific eye appeal, which almost certainly was buried in a hoard soon after it was struck, and was well-preserved indeed. It appears to be struck in good silver rather than silvered bronze, but if it has a bronze core, then it is in a truly rare state of preservation for a silvered piece. This was probably my favorite middle-Empire coin from my personal Roman Imperial collection. $50.00. Reference (this variant with "LETITIA" spelling apparently unlisted on Wildwinds). Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE2 of MAGNENTIUS (350-353 AD).
    A usurper in the west. AE2, Aquileia mint. Obverse: D N MAGNENTIVS P F AVG , Bare-headed, draped and cuirassed bust right, A behind head. Reverse: VICTORIAE DD NN AVG ET CAES, two victories holding shield inscribed VOT V MVL X in four lines, F in field, PAR in exergue. RIC-173. 23 mm, 4.6 g. Ex-Incitatus Coins (Canada), 05/2007. DOC rarity rating: 3. $33.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE3/CENTENIONALIS of CONSTANTIUS GALLUS (351-354 AD).
    Caesar of the East 351-354 AD (under Constantius II). AE3/centenionalis, Siscia mint. Obverse: DN CONSTANTIVS IVN NOB C, draped & cuirassed bust right. Reverse: FEL TEMP REPARATIO, soldier spearing fallen horseman, (gamma)SIS in exergue. RIC-351 or similar, 19 mm, 1.8 g. Ex-Nemesis Ancients & Antiquities, 09/2007. DOC rarity rating: 1. $28.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE3 of VALENTINIAN I (364-375 AD).
    Augustus in the west, with Valens in the east. AE3, Thessalonica mint. Obverse: D N VALENTINIANVS P F AVG, diademed, draped & cuirassed bust right. Reverse: RESTITVTOR REIP, Valentinian standing right, holding labarum & Victory on a globe, TES(?) in exergue. RIC-17. 19 mm, 1.9 g. Ex-Nemesis Ancients & Antiquities, 09/2007. DOC rarity rating: 1. $20.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE3/CENTENIONALIS of PROCOPIUS (365-366 AD).
    A usurper against Valentinian I. Obverse: D N PROCOPIVS P F AVG Diademed, draped and cuirassed bust left. Reverse: REPARATIO FEL TEMP, emperor standing, holding labarum and shield. 18 mm, 2.6 g. Ex-Nemesis Ancients & Antiquities, 07/2008. As is the case with many usurpers, the coins of Procopius are relatively scarce and usually fairly crude. Though it has some slight porosity, this one is better than many you'll see. DOC rarity rating: 4. $57.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE2 of VALENTINIAN II (375-392 AD).
    AE2, Siscia mint, struck ca. AD 378-383 AD. Obverse: D N VALENTINIANVS IVN P F AVG, diademed, draped & cuirassed bust right. Reverse: REPARATIO REIPVB, Emperor standing front, offering hand to kneeling woman on left & holding Victory on a globe in left hand, ASISC. in exergue. RIC-26b, Cohen-22. Ex-Incitatus Coins (Canada), 05/2007. DOC rarity rating: 1. Nice desert patina. $15.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE2 of MAGNUS MAXIMUS (383-388 AD).
    A usurper against Gratian, then Valentinian II and Theodosius I. AE2, Constantina (Arles) mint. Obverse: D N MAG MAXIMVS P F AVG, diademed, draped & cuirassed bust right. Reverse: REPARATIO REIPVB, emperor standing left, raising kneeling female, SCON in exergue. RIC-26a of Arles, Cohen-3, or similar. 21 mm, 2.4 g. Found in Spain. Ex-Incitatus Coins (Canada), 03/2008. DOC rarity rating: 4. $38.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE3 of EUDOXIA (d. 404 AD).
    Wife of the eastern emperor Arcadius. AE3, Cyzicus mint, struck 404 AD or earlier. Obverse: AEL EVDO-XIA AVG, pearl-diademed and draped bust right being crowned by manus Dei (hand of God). Rev.- GLORIA RO-MANORVM, Eudoxia seated facing, hands on breast, being crowned by manus Dei, cross in right field. Sear-4240. Ex-David Connors Ancient Coins & Artifacts, 07/2008. DOC rarity rating: 3. $39.00. Reference, Biography.

imageBYZANTINE EMPIRE: BRONZE FOLLIS with CHRIST PORTRAIT, ca. 976-1025 AD.
    Obverse: nimbate bust of Christ holding book of gospels. Reverse: four-lined inscription: +IhSUS / XRISTUS / bASILEU / bASILE . , with ornaments above and below.
    $44.00. (Comes with Nemesis Ancients & Antiquities insert showing original price of $58.00). SWAPPED "f", 7/25

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

• Options

imageUSA: 1 CENT, CLASSIC HEAD, 1812 (S-289), G4.
    $57.00.

imageUSA: 1 CENT, BRAIDED HAIR, 1852, VG10 (borderline F12).
    Slightly rotated dies. $24.00.

imageUSA: 1 CENT, FLYING EAGLE, 1857, VG8.
    $30.00.

imageUSA: 1 CENT, FLYING EAGLE, 1858 (Large Letters), VG8.
    $33.00.

imageUSA: 1 CENT, INDIAN HEAD, COPPER-NICKEL, LAUREL WREATH, 1859, PCGS XF45.
    According to Rick Snow, the lack of denticles on the reverse might be due to that side being struck through grease. $135.00 (PCGS trends $155.00)

imageUSA: 1 CENT, INDIAN HEAD, COPPER-NICKEL, OAK WREATH, 1861, PCGS XF45 Ex-Rick Snow/Eagle Eye Rare Coins. The lowest mintage of the copper-nickel Indian cents. The scans make this coin's surfaces appear slightly more dull than reality, and exaggerate the striations a little bit. $110.00 (PCGS trends $120.00).

imageUSA: 1 CENT, INDIAN HEAD, COPPER-NICKEL, OAK WREATH, 1864, VG8
    (Minor surface deposits). Somewhat better date; second-lowest mintage for the copper-nickel Indians. The slight crud looks much more natural and less green in hand- far more subtle than the scans indicate. $14.00. (2009 Redbook= 25.00 VG8).

imageUSA: 1 CENT, INDIAN HEAD, BRONZE, 1908, VF35.
    $3.00. (2009 Redbook= 6.00 VF20). SWAPPED, "f", 7/26

imageUSA: 1 CENT, LINCOLN, WHEAT REVERSE, 1935, PCGS MS66 RD
    $55.00.

imageUSA: 1 CENT, LINCOLN, WHEAT REVERSE, 1936 (Doubled Die Obverse), PCI VF20 (green label).
    The doubling on the motto and date are subtle but visible (lettering is a bit worn). Closer details here. The coin looks more like a F15 to my eyes but I suppose it could squeak by as a VF on a good day. 2009 Redbook trends $55.00 F12, $90.00 VF20. Call this one $65.00.

imageUSA: 5 CENTS, SHIELD, 1883, G6 (clipped planchet).
    Slightly clipped planchet at 9:00. $26.00.

imageUSA: 5 CENTS, JEFFERSON, WARTIME, 1943-D, PCGS MS66 FS
    $55.00.

imageUSA: 5 CENTS, JEFFERSON, 2002-S, PCGS PR69 DCAM
    The coin is untoned- colors in the picture were a reflection from my scanner. $18.00 (PCGS trends $20.00).

imageUSA: 10 CENTS, CAPPED BUST, 1829 (Small "10 C", JR-4), G6.
    770,000 minted (all kinds). Purchased raw in a flip that said "ex-PCGS VG10", but I doubt that grade- it's just a nice G6 to me, maybe VG on a good day. I do like the light "CircCam" contrast. R-2, if the attribution is correct. $33.00.

imageUSA: 10 CENTS, MERCURY, 1937, PCGS MS65 FB.
    Seemingly mark-free and really nice for the grade- I swear this looks just about as good as an MS67 FB coin I once had. $49.00.

imageUSA: 10 CENTS, ROOSEVELT (silver), 1956, PCGS MS66.
    Bright white and lustrous. $24.00.

imageUSA: 20 CENTS, 1875-S, PCGS G6
    Nice "CircCam" contrast, despite the modest technical grade. $135.00.

imageUSA: 25 CENTS, CAPPED BUST, 1831 (Small Letters), PCGS VF30.
    398,000 minted (all kinds). A nice grey, original coin. The tiny hairline through the T in LIBERTY is in fact nearly invisible in reality- the light from the scanner grossly exaggerated it. Compare my scans with the previous owner's photos taken when the coin was raw. See? No scratch on the headband there. It only shows up at certain angles, and even then you have to look really hard to notice it at all. The coin looks great in hand. $245.00.

imageUSA: 25 CENTS, CAPPED BUST, 1838, F12
    366,000 minted. Final year of issue for the Bust quarter. Perhaps one could call this F15 overall, as the reverse is solid VF with lots of feather detail. Dark gunmetal grey toning overall and "CircCam" contrast on the obverse. Though a bit dark, the "rustic" or "crusty" toning on this piece should appeal to those who like originality. $98.00.

imageUSA: 25 CENTS, WASHINGTON (clad), 1985-S, PCGS PR69 DCAM.
    Colors in the picture are from my scanner- the coin is untoned. $20.00 (PCGS trends $25.00).

imageUSA: 50 CENTS, FRANKLIN, 1962 PCGS PR67 CAM (OGH).
    A common-date coin with an uncommon look- both cameo AND toned, which is a nice combination. Housed in an old green label PCGS holder (OGH). I am using the previous seller's images, which were apparently "juiced" a little bit (and brightened a little by me), but they're better and more accurate than anything I could do with my scanner. In hand, the colors on the coin are present, but more subtle- just an orange-gold at the rims, which is more prominent on the reverse than the obverse. Still quite pretty. Despite the appearance of some apparent haziness in front of Ben's face, there is no such haze on the coin. Regardless of the issues with the photos, there is absolutely no denying that this coin is a very superb example with exceptional eye appeal, as I think you'll agree when you see it in hand. $88.00. SOLD "t", 7/25

imageUSA: 50 CENTS, KENNEDY, 1964 (Accented Hair), PCGS PR64.
    $26.00 (PCGS trends $35.00).

imageUSA: 50 CENTS, KENNEDY, 2007-S (silver), PCGS PR69 DCAM.
    Nice black-and-white DCAM contrast. $40.00 (PCGS trends $45.00).

imageUSA: 1 DOLLAR, EISENHOWER (silver), 1971-S, PCGS PR69 DCAM.
    A really pretty DCAM proof, despite the truly wretched scans I've attached.
    $45.00 (PCGS trends $50.00). SWAPPED, "f", 7/26

imageUSA: 1 DOLLAR, SUSAN B. ANTHONY, 1981-S (type 1), PCGS PR69 DCAM. Again, another nice black-and-white DCAM that looks weirdly orange in my scans- sorry.
    $32.00 (PCGS trends $40.00). SWAPPED, "f", 7/26

imageUSA: 1 DOLLAR, SACAGAWEA, 2005-S, PCGS PR69 DCAM.
    $29.00 (PCGS trends $35.00).

• Options

• Options

I put two lots in here with a $0.00 starting bid and they were totally ignored. Maybe this Bid Board thing won't work here.

I'll just keep it for later, who knows when it might come in handy.

Of course a lot of the stuff above I will accept offers on, so really it's kind of redundant.

• Options

USA, HALF CENT, BRAIDED HAIR, 1851, PCGS AU53 BN
    $150.00 (PCGS trends $155.00). SOLD "e" SHIPPED 7/23

• Options
    OK, I am way less than halfway done, but I guess I have enough odds and ends to launch.

Blastoff! This BST store is launched. Please forgive any quirks, errors, or omissions.

• Options
    ttt 6-18

• Options
    ttt 6-19

• Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    I really like your layout!

I'm working on a British Penny set in. I have what you listed so far but here is my want list for when you come across more down the road. Any condition will work as I'm just pluggin' holes more than anything.

1860, 1861, 1864, 1865, 1866, 1868, 1869
    1870, 1871, 1873, 1874, 1875, 1876
    1880, 1881, 1883, 1885
    1890, 1891, 1892, 1893, 1894, 1895, 1896, 1897, 1898, 1899

1876H, 1881H

1906, 1926, 1946, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1970

Good luck!
    imageRIP
  • Options
    ttt image
    imageRIP
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    **EXCELLANT** way of listing multiple coins LordM !!
    Wish more sellers on the BST would use this method.
  • Options
    ttt 6/23

• Options
    ttt 6/24

Moving some of the world coins to eBay, gradually. At least the few I have pictures of.

• Options
    I love this Thread
  • Options
    I really do!
  • Options
    ttt 7/3

• Options
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps they are the reason some Civil War soldier marched off to war? image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Rec'd my purchases. All were well packaged and the coins that I had purchased sight unseen were accurately described. I got a chuckle out of the business "card" as well.

Thanks again for the deal!
    imageRIP
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    pm'd
    Its all relative
  • Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Thanks Rob!!!!! Received the coin I purchased and a couple more that I didn't..... (you'll never get rich with these sorts of business practices, Lord M.) image
  • Options
    TTT for 7/8. Thanks for the nice words above.

• Options
    ttt 7/9

• Options
    ttt 7/12

• Options
    TTT for 7/13.

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    I just shot you a PM, Rob image
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    TTT 7/23

I have several new purchases to list, but can't do that until the dust settles around here (literally- we have a majorly overdue housecleaning going on, which has revealed the location of several coins that had been lost beneath the clutter). When all is tidied up I will try to put some new goodies in.

• Options
    TTT 7/24

A few new things added in the US, World, and Miscellaneous sections.

• Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    My purchases with Rob were Nice & Smooth.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    Thanks.

TTT for 7/25

• Options
  • Options

Deal in the works....

I'll also vouch for Rob (as if he needs more creds), nice deals and always willing to barter. (I feel like I'm leaving feedbackimage)

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>TTT 7/23

I have several new purchases to list, but can't do that until the dust settles around here (literally- we have a majorly overdue housecleaning going on, which has revealed the location of several coins that had been lost beneath the clutter). When all is tidied up I will try to put some new goodies in. >>

Oh good grief, trying to outdo me! I have things presently misplaced that I haven't been able to find for a couple of years. None the better I live in two countries on opposite sides of the globe.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>I'll also vouch for Rob (as if he needs more creds), nice deals and always willing to barter. (I feel like I'm leaving feedback image) >>

Feedback is nice to have! Thank you. And barter can be fun, and helpful if both parties are short on cash. But Daddy needs a little cash now and then, too, y'know! image

TTT for 7/27

A few more things have been imaged, now, and have made it to the Testing Forum, though as of this post I have not yet added them here with descriptions. You can use the Testing Forum thread as a sneak preview in the meantime.

• Options
    TTT 7/29.

Still haven't gotten 'round to adding any new stuff, or even the stuff I made pictures of on the Testing Forum, but I will, eventually.

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Rcieved my order today...Perfect as usual! image Rob becomes the first person on this forum I've done multiple deals with!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    Another day of long power outages due to summer thunderstorms has left me with no time to add the new goodies, but I DO have new goodies to add, when the chance arrives.

TTT one last time for July.

Note that the stuff showing "sold" above as of 7/31 has all been shipped. I just haven't updated the Shipping Status section yet, nor have I marked a few recently swapped pieces as sold.

Stay tuned, though. Did you see the fossil shark tooth that sold in about four hours the other day? I just bought more. LOTS more, straight from the source and fresh from the dig site. image

• Options
    Here's a tiny little teaser image. image

Check this monster out. Six inches along the longer edge. Fantastic condition, except for a little bit of one corner of the root missing. Plus a pathological deformity (healed damage on the edge), which raises the value even more.

This one plus four pieces measuring 3.25 to 3.75 inches have been consigned to me as a single lot.

Not a cheap lot- the owner wants me to list on eBay and to initially try to start the bidding at $699 for all five pieces, but in my humble, amateur opinion (from what I have read), the big monster tooth alone is worth the price of the lot. Without the little bit missing from the root, it would be an easy $1,000+ tooth, I reckon. But all I know is what I've read in one or two books and on a few websites. Suffice it to say, it's a rare piece.

Of course I got a lot of less expensive ones too, which I'll put here gradually.

I reckon I bought four or five pounds of Megalodon shark teeth yesterday. Naturally most were partial, incomplete specimens. But I did get a few medium-sized whole ones in the 3" range. They're mine now, too, unlike the consignment lot with the monster in it.

• Options
    Shark teeth? We should talk.image (my daughter collects them)