Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Dated Wheat Cent Rolls from the Syracuse Hoard

After doing a lightning-fast inventory of what the hoarder wrote on 2,545 rolls that constitute roughly half of the Syracuse Hoard, I've decided to sell them as a lot. I find the already-dated-and-sorted rolls less intriguing than the other 2,500 apparently unsearched rolls in the hoard, so I've decided to sell the former and hang onto the latter. Right now I'm selling as a lot the following:

112.5 rolls of cents dated 1909 to 1919;
107.0 rolls of cents dated 1920 to 1929;
159.5 rolls of cents dated 1930 to 1939;
922.5 rolls of cents dated 1940 to 1949;
877.5 rolls of cents dated 1950 to 1958; and
366.0 mixed rolls of cents dated 1940 to 1958.

Among these 2,545 rolls are well over 100 rolls of solid "S" mint marks, and a lot of rolls of pre-1940 dates that include mint-marked coins. It's clear that the hoarder built complete rolls as he accumulated 50 or more of a date and mint mark, and the hoard included in mixed rolls all of the mint-marked early dates for which he had accumulated fewer than 50. I'm keeping one of the 1909 VDB rolls (leaving one and a half of these in the lot). I didn't keep (or even open) several rolls that were marked "Unc," "UC," "AU," or "XF."

If you have any questions, please PM me at your convenience. I have aleady received an offer of $5,650 for this lot. Feel free to make a higher best offer if you're interested (shipping would be additional, should you not be able to pick these up in Syracuse, NY).

Feel free to PM with any questions, and send me an e-mail if you'd like to see some photos of this lot of 2,545 dated rolls. My photo files are too big to post on PCGS, but I'm happy to e-mail them to interested collectors or dealers.

"Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?

Comments

• Options
    MercfanMercfan Posts: 700 ✭✭
    Just an update on the amount currently offered for this lot: I have just received an offer of $5,700. I'm keeping all bidders "in the loop" via e-mail as bids come in--with all bidders copied on each e-mail (so that nobody has any fear of fictitious bidders).

"Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?