Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1874-CC DIME **KEY DATE OF THE SERIES**

This coin is in an ANACS slab graded AU50, XF details corroded. If you're seriously considering this coin, you know the "corrosion" is seen on most specimens of the Seated CC dimes of early 1870's. Another example of this date with exactly the same grade sold at the Heritage FUN auction. This coin is nicer, not having any of the superficial scratches seen in the Heritage coin. Asking $25,500.

Comments

• Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    No thanks, I'd rather have a new car!
    Good luck though.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No thanks, I'd rather have a new car!
    Good luck though. >>

But a car doesn't appreciate in value image
  • Options
    Tell that to the person that owns an original 64 2+2 Mustang, an original 64 Goat, an original 53 Vette, an Aston Martin, an original 64 Chevy IMP.,(427 flags)and......................
  • Options
    And the 70 Boss Horse.....
  • Options
    I know, not a wrench monkey Forum, sorry, got carried away. Regrets, won't happen again.
  • Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Only goes to prove, condition and rarity.
    But to keep it in context...25 K spent on a current model car, or a killer rare coin...The coin is gonna win!
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And the 70 Boss Horse..... >>

You mispronounced Boss Hoss
  • Options
    If memory serves me, Boss Hoss was always trying to get his hands on the General, wasn't he?Wasn't the General a MOPAR? OOPS, sorry, apologize for the hijacking again, but he started it......
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

Sweet!!!!
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 74cc dime is not only the key date of the dimes, it's the key collectable date in the entire seated liberty series, surpassing "great" rarities like the 1878-s half and 1870-cc quarter.
    Only the non-collectable rarities surpass it imo. And it doesn't help that most are damaged in some way.

As far as cars go, I'd rather have the car....back. Sold my 1970 Dodge Challenger RT 440-6 pack shaker hood car for $19,500 in 1996. I thought the market was dead. The same car today with nothing done to it except some washing and waxing is $55K or more.
    It's done very well for itself other than someone else owns her now.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BTW Barry,I assume that this is your duplicate now,any pics of your new piece?
  • Options
    Yes, Hayden. This is now a duplicate. Look at the first post in this thread for pics of the replacement. The ANR coin is the sixth 74cc I've owned. At one point, about 2-3 years ago, I owned 4 of them.
  • Options
    All right all you gear head car junkies, I must admit that I am one too. How about a 63 Pontaic Tempest Le Mans or a 63 Pontiac GTO, or to make things interesting, a 1973 Porche 911S with mechanical fuel injection that can make up to 275 HP DN with a little help.
    I want both, the cars and the coins. I can drive my collection from place to place in it and feel relatively certain that nobody would be able to catch me if they tried.
    But lets face it, coins are easier to garage than cars.

Mike
    Mike

About Rare Coins
    12562-B Central Ave
    Chino, CA 91710
    mike@gemcoins.net
    www.gemcoins.net
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, cars are great and let's face it, nobody makes cars like the Italians. The designers at Pininfarina should be let loose on coins!

Lane

P.S. Nice coin Barry!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    I love cars. I love coins. I love antique firearms. I love antique furniture. I love antique houses and, oh yea, antique cars.
    As far as women are concerned, the only antiques I like are my relatives. As for the others, I like NEW, SLEEK and FAST, VERY FAST. Kind of like CARS>>>>>
    Mike

About Rare Coins
    12562-B Central Ave
    Chino, CA 91710
    mike@gemcoins.net
    www.gemcoins.net
  • Options
  • Options
    Roadrunner, the pricing is a few months behind. RT440 6PACK WITH FACTORY MAGS -WHITE ON WHITE- hit 80K at the New Mexico sale. To the Roma admirerers, remember a lot of the designs were imported from early Ford engineers' throwaways. Maybe american market was to "stout" to fit in the sleek designs.
  • Options
    About rare coins, positrac aside, not to mention mod. lifters, (factory), the Goat wins, hands down, and we won't even mention colors-remember hunter green and poppyseed orange (hijacked from ford horse). O.K., I really will stop now.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, Hayden. This is now a duplicate. Look at the first post in this thread for pics of the replacement. The ANR coin is the sixth 74cc I've owned. At one point, about 2-3 years ago, I owned 4 of them. >>

Wow! That's quite a piece!
    Congrat's!

As for Charley and the rest of you your disucssion would be more appropiate here
    although Barry is getting all these free images.
    So if I started a topic on cars,I would get free images?image
  • Options
    I don't mind the bumps image
    Hayden, if you don't mind, edit your post and please remove the pic of my new 74-CC. I don't want there to be any confusion as to which one is for sale.
    Thanks,
    Barry

(edited for typo)
  • Options
    Thank you, Barry, for understanding the underlying intent of my replys, as this series is one of my true loves, as I am sure htubbs knows from my previous purchases from him . Hayden, while editing picture, edit spelling in directing me to another forum, so as to avoid confusion.image