Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A neat little inexpensive bauble I just bought (not a coin)

Got this and another Edward I penny* to donate as future prize giveaway promos for David Crowther's History of England podcast.

I just thought it was a neat little artifact. Similar to the sort of things some of our group found when I was detecting in England last November.

Speaking of which, I'm also going to donate some of the buttons we found when I was over there.*

David will decide whether he actually wants to use those later. We just finished giving away an NGC MS62 Edward VII threepence. I love his interesting and humorous podcast, so I volunteered myself as the occasional "Coin Guy" sponsor some time back. This time I thought it would be interesting to include some non-numismatic artifacts.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty neat. HJB offers some pretty neat and inexpensive ancient artifacts in many of their auctions. They seem to fit really well with ancient coins.

Artifacts at Harlan J. Berk
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've often enjoyed browsing things like that at HJB and on VCoins.

For fifteen bucks (well, twenty after shipping), I thought this would make a nice promo for David's podcast.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.