Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A newp (from 2012 CICF)

Just got this back from the TPG, graded 64. Greg Margulies (bammed here) spotted it for me (and submitted and imaged the coin). The coin has a minor planchet clip that is hard to see in the image. I attribute this coin as Dav-3190. I am told it is from Graz, but am unsure where the MM is (the only "G"-like symbol I see is between "Ferdinand" and "III").

In hand, the coin is very flashy, a mix of satiny and frosty.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    EVP:

Nice coin and saw it at CICFimage I think the answer for "Graz" is on the reverse with the word "STYRIAE" which makes it Graz.

3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice and scarcer mint type.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Very pretty. Never could quite get into Austrian crowns, altho the condition of this and Zohar's sure make it tempting.

Congrats on a nice pickup!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa. Big thalers of that period impress me in any grade, but in MS64, with luster? Wow. That's amazing.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Wonderful.image
    Becky
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys!

What do you think of the imaging? Greg gives new meaning to customer service: finds coin, submits coin, images coin. Wonder if I can get him to pay for coin. image

<< <i>EVP:

Nice coin and saw it at CICFimage I think the answer for "Graz" is on the reverse with the word "STYRIAE" which makes it Graz.

3Mark >>

3Mark - I saw that, but figured it was merely part of the territorial enumeration.

EVP

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg is a great guy. Stunning coi, EVP - congrats!
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks guys!

What do you think of the imaging? Greg gives new meaning to customer service: finds coin, submits coin, images coin. Wonder if I can get him to pay for coin. image

<< <i>EVP:

3Mark >>

3Mark - I saw that, but figured it was merely part of the territorial enumeration.

EVP >>

EVP:

I think it generally has to do with the reverse arms and the places listed there. I would confirm this but Philip and Dirk are on the way to the ANA and thus out of pocket. BTW, good idea about getting Greg to pay for the coins that he finds usimage

3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options
    DeiGratiaDeiGratia Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    Man that coin is ... wow.

My first "I Hate You" image
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My first "I Hate You" >>

I second that
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great looking coin and a nice image as well

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Not much not to like on that one. Well done.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not much not to like on that one. Well done. >>

Thanks, but there is always the price. It's hard for a long-time US collector to know how to price this stuff. Anyway, Greg also advised me on pricing, so I feel ok. I reward him with my company (priceless). image

3Mark - what you wrote makes sense. Thanks. I'm always learning...