Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Question (and bragging a bit) about a US-Philippines Centavo

edited for spelling and grammer...

I got the following at the Post Office today, thanks to coinpictures, who was very helpful in supplying a Delivery Confirmation number, so that I could get them to find a package that was shipped (my fault) to the wrong address.
Isn't she lovely?imageMy question is below the image, which is the seller's very accurate picture.

My question is, is it PROOF?

I bought it based solely on the picture, and I thought then that if it isn't a proof, then it's still somewhat of a "conditional rarity", and if it is a proof, then it was more than worth the $40 (total, including the shipping) that I paid. And if that isn't an understatement, then I don't know what is!image

Now that I have the coin in hand, I believe this coin is indeed a proof, whereas before I thought (from the pictures) the surfaces weren't reflective enough. The coin appears to satisfy all other diagnostics detailed by such US-PI collectors as Justhavingfun, USAROK and FilamCoins in this this older thread from 2005, asking a Philippines proof question about a 1904 20 Centavos, and which ironically was started by the very same person who sold me this 1904 Centavo.

Message to coinpictures
Dude! Thanks for the fantastic deal, but you really should have known better!
After all, you were schooled by experts just 4 short years ago.
And thanks again for the help in getting this from the Post Office.

So is it a proof or not? I now think it is.

Comments