Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Why is this series so cheap?

It is not as though they are alot around or considered as moderns. This one a NGC 65.

imageimage
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this series so cheap?

It's not so much that the series is cheap, but that type coins in the series are cheap. The reason, of course, is supply and demand.

In this case, you can assume the advanced collectors of the series pretty much all have this date, and certainly all advanced type collectors have the type. That leaves the market price to be determined by casual collectors, who don't really need anything, and beginners, who need so much that no individual purchase is urgent.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is this series so cheap? >>

Welcome to the Darkside imageimageimage
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lack of demand, like Andy said. Not a key in the series, but with a mintage of just a little over 8,000 - it's not exactly found in abundance, either.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a few 65's at $325. Wish I could find more at that price.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an NGC 63 1901 Culiacan (Mintage: 2,350) for sale at NEN for under $300
  • Options

<< <i>There's an NGC 63 1901 Culiacan (Mintage: 2,350) for sale at NEN for under $300 >>

thanks for the heads up but looking for 65's although I think that is good value too.

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is this series so cheap?

It's not so much that the series is cheap, but that type coins in the series are cheap. The reason, of course, is supply and demand.

In this case, you can assume the advanced collectors of the series pretty much all have this date, and certainly all advanced type collectors have the type. That leaves the market price to be determined by casual collectors, who don't really need anything, and beginners, who need so much that no individual purchase is urgent. >>

Not all DPOTDs have to be scholar wtitings, a report of a show or confessions from the heart.It can also be a clever response that can be read twice, the second, among the lines. image

Andy, who is among the most positive contributors to the Darkside, has captured the essence of this forum in one simple and short paragraph. He provided a very quick and accurate reply that (I assume) covers bidask, myself and reminds me of the way that most such questions are taken care of. In short, I nominate MrEureka's post for DPOTD. He deserves it for long term achievent on this forum anyway, and so do others. image

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why is this series so cheap?

In this case, you can assume the advanced collectors of the series pretty much all have this date, and certainly all advanced type collectors have the type. That leaves the market price to be determined by casual collectors, who don't really need anything, and beginners, who need so much that no individual purchase is urgent. >>

Not all DPOTDs have to be scholar wtitings, a report of a show or confessions from the heart.It can also be a clever response that can be read twice, the second, among the lines. image

Andy, who is among the most positive contributors to the Darkside, has captured the essence of this forum in one simple and short reply. He provided an accurate and short reply that covers bidask, myself and surely many others out there .A very legit question that we too often had or have one day, for a different series perhaps,which we ask sooner or later, and virtually always get what we want very quickly. Most of all, the reply is 99.99% accurate. You see, if you get into this game, you gotta know your facts,because despite our rep that we're tolerant people, this forum is very high standard.

In short, I nominate by the powers of the Darkside,Mr Eureka's post for DPOTD. He deserves it for long term achievent on this forum anyway, and so do others. image >>

He is some numismatist!

• Options
    Aw, shucks! image

But mostly, I wanted to share this link. Hopefully it works...
    Andy Lustig

• Options

<< <i>Aw, shucks! image

But mostly, I wanted to share this link. Hopefully it works... >>

I really believe casual collectors will grow in this series....I am a buyer of nice slabbed MS 65 pieces at 325 ( must be lustrous) and will pay more for higher grades!

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I really believe casual collectors will grow in this series...I am a buyer...

Spoken like a true investor! image

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to an auction that starts in half an hour!
    Andy Lustig