Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

I have the keys to the kingdom, right here! (FSH or swap for PCGS grading)

When I say I've got "the keys to the kingdom" here, I mean the Kingdom of Knowledge!. image

Or, using our Collectors Universe World & Ancient Coin Forum slang, I've got the keys to the Dark Side empire right here, baby! image

Everything you need to start, if you've always thought those "Darkside" coins were interesting but lacked the reference material.

So I've got an eight-piece starter library for you right here, with:
    * Two books on ancient coins* One book on Latin and foreign coin inscriptions* One specialized reference on large silver crowns* And then the Darksiders "Bible(s)"- a four-volume set of the massive Krause Standard Catalogs of World Coins!
Using Amazon.com used book prices as a guide (see links below), I figured each at the lowest used-book price on Amazon.

Using that benchmark, there's $273.85 worth of books right here in this library lot.

Asking $265.00 delivered- AND I pay shipping!

Or I'll swap for similar value in PCGS grading privileges, either as a piggyback to one of your submissions...

OR you can buy me a PCGS gift certificate to renew my Platinum membership (@ $199.00) and you can just PayPal gift me the balance.

1. Money of the Bible, Kenneth Bressett. Whitman Publishing, 2nd Edition, 2007. 113 pp, hardcover with dustjacket, like new. Not a price reference, but more of a nice numismatic "coffee table" book.
Amazon used prices start @ $18.99.

2. Coin Identifier, Burton Hobson. Sterling Publishing, 1966. 88 pp, hardcover with original dustjacket. Some light yellowing/fading as typical for a 47-year-old book. A nice little reference on deciphering inscriptions and legends on medieval and modern world coins.
Amazon used prices start @ $3.94.

3. Large Sized Silver Coins of the World, John S. Davenport. Krause Publications, 1991. 192 pp, hardcover with color photo mount on front. Small, penciled dealer price code in top right corner of flyleaf, otherwise like new.
Amazon used prices start @ $175.00!

4. Handbook of Ancient Greek & Roman Coins, Zander H. Klawans/Kenneth E. Bressett, ed. Whitman Publishing, 2003. 288 pp, paperback. Some small creases to back cover, otherwise like new. The classic "starter" guide to Greek and Roman coins.
Amazon used prices start @ $4.99.

The Krause-Mishler Standard Catalogs of World Coins: a four-volume set (17th, 18th, 19th and 20th centuries)
As the title indicates, Krause is the world standard. These books cover essentially every regular issue world coin from every country, with one century of coverage per volume. They will also include most commemorative issues, mint sets, and proof sets. Coverage is sometimes pretty basic for each individual series, since Krause has to span the whole globe (and each volume still runs over 1,200-2,000+ pages with tens of thousands of illustrations!) So specialized references by individual country will sometimes supersede the KM values. And the spike in bullion prices over the last few years also means that some silver and gold coins have had their melt values surpass their catalog values. But this is the best overall general world coin reference there is. And I've got the first four volumes here, so if your coin was made after 1600 and before the last millennium, it's probably covered. Some of the newer editions usually come with additional DVD versions, but the newer ones I have here lack the DVDs- they're just the printed volumes.

5. Standard Catalog of World Coins (17th Century Volume; covers coins dated 1601-1700) 4th Edition, Krause Publishing, 2008. 1,439 pp, paperback. 22,000 actual-sized illustrations. Excellent if not "like-new" condition, but printed volume only- no DVD version.
Amazon used prices start @ $18.44.

6. Standard Catalog of World Coins (18th Century Volume; covers coins dated 1701-1800) 4th Edition, Krause Publishing, 2007. 1,284 pp, paperback. 18,000 actual-sized illustrations. Lightly used with a little bit of corner wear and some smallish tears on the flyleaf, otherwise fine.
Amazon used prices start @ $23.00.

7. Standard Catalog of World Coins (19th Century Volume; covers coins dated 1801-1900) 4th Edition, Krause Publishing, 2004. 1,280 pp, paperback. Over 27,500 actual-size illustrations. Noticeably used with some curling to the front cover and first pages, otherwise fine.
Amazon used prices start @ $33.52 (but that's for the 6th edition, so let's just say $20.00 for this one).

8. Standard Catalog of World Coins (20th Century Volume; covers coins dated 1901-2000) 36th Edition, Krause Publishing, 2008. 2,207 pages, paperback. 50,000 actual-size illustrations. Noticeably used with some tears to the flyleaf and slight curling to the covers, otherwise fine. Handwritten corrections to at least one section where a misprint occurred. Printed volume only- no DVD version.
Amazon used prices start @ $9.49.

Total= $273.85 (Figured at lowest Amazon.com used book prices, and discounting book #7 to $20.00.)

Other trades? Reasonable counteroffers? I'm listening!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.