Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

STAR WARS #207 CORRECTION VARIANT!!!

So today I noticed something I've never noticed before. And I don’t think I’ve ever seen this anywhere else. There are at least two corrected versions of the C3PO X-rated card.
I’ve attached two pictures. The first of the full corrected cards next to each other and another with a detail of the area from all three cards.

In the first correction you can still see almost a ghost of C3PO’s unit and his side in that area is red. Because of this I feel it’s not a printing blemish or something else. Maybe correcting it during the press run leaving the yellow and red plates as is and just “erasing” that area on the black and cyan plates. Which is why that little spot on his body looks red. Then at some point later on when they did another run the did a better job of correcting it.

Looking around online I have found one other image of the first correction that looks exactly like the one pictured. So I’m pretty confident this means there are 3 versions of card #207.

Comments

• Options
    I've been looking at all the 207's I have and also all the ones I can find online and have only found one other #207 with the red and it also has one *. But I've also I've also identified a ghost version without the red on both * and ** sheets. I'll add this to the examples later.

So now I'm thinking there may be at least three different corrected version of the card.

RED GHOST VERSION - Red stripe on his side and a ghost image of where his member was. Have only seen this on the * sheet.

GHOST VERSION - Ghost image of where his member was. No red stripe. Seen on both the * and ** sheets.

CORRECTED VERSION - Fully corrected version without any kind of ghosting. Seen both * and ** sheets.