Home Sports Talk
Options

Thoughts on NBA teams resting their players?

seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
hey guys,

Its been kinda dead around here and slow news days lately. so maybe get a conversation going.

i know if i paid crazy NBA prices to take my son to see his one game of the year and his favorite star, we get there, jersey bought and lebron, westbrook, kobe, et al. and the rest of the starters are sitting on the bench in their $5,000 suits that i helped pay for, I just may be a little peeved. But hey I get to watch scrubs play with my $8 coke. No $11 beer if I'm driving.

others say they got to get ready for the playoffs. not my problem.
Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess the NBA wants people to just go to playoff games, the stars will play then.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I would agree that it sucks if you're a dad, and you wanted your kid to see one of the marquee players, and instead you saw one of the bench players starting. Happened last week in Denver, when Steph Curry and Klay Thompson were given the night off. Perhaps it's a good opportunity to experience one of those life lessons when you don't always get exactly what you want, and have to figure out a way to make the best of it. The kid will learn how to deal with unmet expectations by observing how his dad deals with it, a teachable moment if you will.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teams have their eye on the prize, that being the Larry O'Brien trophy. I don't think the teams are too concerned with some disgruntled fans upset over them missing reg. season games. The fans disappointment/hurt can be alleviated by a trip to the playoffs/finals.Also you could of bought tickets in advance and maybe 1 or 2 of the stars were injured for that particular game.But can understand the let down of not seeing your star players after one lays out that kind of $$$. It's the chance the fans take when they pony up for a ticket.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Dads please explain to your kids that this is about wealthy people protecting their investments.

they want these investments to perform at the highest possible level when the greatest majority of interested parties are watching & supporting them.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't bother me I just change the channel. image Seriously I used to love going to all sorts of sports live , hockey , NASCAR , baseball . Lately the reasons to just put the game on TV outnumber reasons to go by a mile.

How about $50 parking , and the fact that ticket services buy up all the tickets and scalp them legally ? Those are the biggest factors to me. I used to hop on the subway and go to Boston Garden or Fenway and buy tickets on a whim many times a year but thats long gone.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best seat in the house is in my chair.image