Home Sports Talk
Options

Go Peyton,,,,, 509 TD PASSES :-)

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
The elder quarterback schools the younger quarterback,,,,,,,,,,,,

as it should be,,,,,,,,,

Andrew can have his day AFTER Peyton wins another SuperBowl,,,,,,,,,,,,, imageimageimageimageimage

And I say this being a INDY Fan from Day #1.

GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's game had both teams play well for one half each. I thought Indy was going to tie the game on the it's last drive. Turned out the Denver defense rose to the challenge and stopped the Colts.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Andrew can have his day AFTER Peyton wins another SuperBowl,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And when do you suspect this is going to happen? That was a PI on the last Indy pass, they are lucky they held on.
  • Options

<< <i>Andrew can have his day AFTER Peyton wins another SuperBowl,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And when do you suspect this is going to happen? That was a PI on the last Indy pass, they are lucky they held on. >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I hope Denver goes all the way this year.

GrandAm image
  • Options
    508 TD Passes,,,,, Ties Record

509 TD Passes,,,,, Breaks Record

510 TD Passes,,,,, On the way to 600 image

GrandAm imageimageimage
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to Peyton Manning image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to Peyton, a class act..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Peyton! A very class act indeed.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Even better he got to do it in front of 30 million viewers against the most overrated defense in the NFL and their community college caliber secondary.

Oh that's right, he played against the team that could've signed him 3 years ago but didn't. Peyton Manning in a wheelchair would've been an upgrade then and would be an upgrade now.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Even better he got to do it in front of 30 million viewers against the most overrated defense in the NFL and their community college caliber secondary.

Oh that's right, he played against the team that could've signed him 3 years ago but didn't. Peyton Manning in a wheelchair would've been an upgrade then and would be an upgrade now. >>

Can you restrict your ridiculous banter to your own delusional thread and keep this one as a tribute to one of the all-time NFL greats..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Too bad he didn't stay in the game through the end. He could've thrown another 6 TD passes to pad his record some more. Just for good measure he should've tried to throw a few with his left hand. It's not every day he gets to throw against a community college level secondary. He should've taken advantage of that opportunity to the fullest.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to PM.
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Peyton for most career touchdown passes 509. It is likely that by this time next year he will also be the new record holder for career passing yards. I know you can't directly compare career numbers with players of different eras on account of rule changes such as quarterback protection, cornerback physicality, hits by safeties on defenseless receivers, defensive holding, pass interference etc. Players of past eras were allowed to play by a different set of rules so modern numbers will be inflated by comparison. However Peyton Manning has now thrown for more touchdowns than Joe Montana and Steve Young combined. Those are two Hall of Fame Quarterbacks Montana (273) + Young (232) = 505 Manning 509+ If you are a younger fan you might be asking what does a safety hitting a defenseless receiver have to do with a quarterbacks career stats? Well in past years a safety like Ronnie Lott would get a running head of steam and knock your receiver unconscious if you threw intermediate routes over the middle of the field. Its quite difficult to get your receiving core to run similar routes over the middle if the last guy is being revived with smelling salts. They get those alligator arms and stop extending for the catch knowing they might get knocked out because of it. So quarterbacks of bygone eras career stats were lower because of things like that. Also defensive lineman were allowed to knock your quarterback upside his head with a cast, so if on the next play your quarterback lined up behind the guard instead of the center his career stats may have suffered for some of that too.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.