Pedro Ferrandiz coach
    Van Chancellor coach
    Harley Reddin coach
    1966 Texas Western Basketball Team >>

• Options
    When will Tom Chambers get in?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    If Van got in, would he be the first to represent the WNBA?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    The first 4 on that list should make it hands down IMO.

My real interest is in Mullin making it. He was my favorite player when i was younger.

Amazing resume including 3 time big east player of the year in college, 3 time all American, 1985 Wooden award as top college player. Led St. Johns to the final 4 and is still their all time leading scorer.

2 time olympic gold medal winner, once as an amateur in '84, and again on the greatest team ever assembled in '92 where he averaged 18+ a gm, second on that team.

A 5 time NBA all star, and for 5 consecutive years averaged better than 25 pts a game.

He knew the game inside and out and could do just about everything, making up for lack of speed with a high basketball IQ and quick hands. He could shoot the daylights out of the ball, pass with the best of em and always had a pile of steals.

I forget the exact wording but once when asked about Mullin, Larry Bird replied something to the effect of, " When God set out to create the perfect basketball player he had Mullin in mind. "
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dickey V is one that I hope gets in.

Shane

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    bri2327 - Nice little summation on Mullin. I always thought Mullin was a great player and it would be great to see him in the Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    What about Jordan?
  • Options
    Vitale's act is wearing thin for me....give me Jay Bilas and his wingspan anytime
  • Options
    ~"What about Jordan?"~

I think he is not eligible until 2009
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see both Mullin and Dantley get in.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me why Dennis Johnson isn't in the Hall? 4 rings, numerous All-Star teams, all-Defensive team mainstay, just an all-around great player.
  • Options
    PSASAP - I wish I had a valid answer to your DJ question. The only thing I can think of is that the C's are already represented in the Hall from those teams by Bird, McHale, Parish and sort of Walton. The Lakers from the same era have Magic, Kareem, Worthy and sort of Mcadoo.

Johnson has 3 championship rings (not 4), a finals MVP, 5 all-star appearances, once a member of the All-NBA first team, once a member of the all-NBA second team, a six time member of the all-NBA defensive first team and a three time member of the all-NBA defensive second team.

His play-off statistics are better than his regular season stats and the bigger the game the more he drove to the basket as evidenced by his ability to get to the line in the post-season.

Maybe, one day he will be in the Hall, although with very few legitamate player options this year, it is dissapointing he did not even make the final list.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DJ should be in the hall no doubt
  • Options
    Mendy Rupolph is the only one who should get in.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...