Home Sports Talk
Options

Goooooooooooooooo SEMINOLES!

Man today was fan day! And Antone Smith is a beast! He is going to turn heads and he's only a freshman!
We are strong on the ground and have way too much talent at the WR spot. If XLee performs like the Mr Football he is. OH BABY! I can't wait!
And just look at Miami! they have people dropping like flys! All I can say is hah! About time!

Noles in 05...Don't think No Different!
Real recognize REAL

Comments

• Options

<< <i> Noles in 05...Don't think No Different! >>

I agree, we should think different, and the Noles don't have a chance!
  • Options
    Yep, no QB, top DB out for year, average WR's.

But a good defense. But they can't stop the other team forever.

4 losses at least for the guys in mustard and ketchup this year.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    OH here comes gator fan...fresh off sucking in the new century! Now you can pay another billion dollar coach to take your
    team to the peach bowl. Good luck the first two weeks beating up on SW La Tech and Middle Tenn St.

*ussies

JS
  • Options
    What are you, 12 years old or something?

• Options
    Hey Joe, did you even bother to check the records before you posted? Since 2000, UF has 20 losses. F$U has 17 losses. Not a big difference, huh?

Since 2000, we have had two major shufflings of our coaching staff? At F$U its the same old chit, different year.

We open with Wyoming and then LaTech before Tenn. You open with Miami, then play "THE" Citadel, then Boston College. I'd say those opening games are pretty comparable. Not a lot of room to criticize schedules.

• Options
    Obviously done by a Miami fan, but this is pretty funny...

• Options
    You don't think Boston College at their place is tough? Ask the UM National title team how tough they were!
    UM+Boston College on the road I'm sure has no holding power against wyoming and La Tech! UH OH!
    Stay in the woodworks gator fans. Minus last season we OWNED you. And not only that, we OWN the swamp, you won their for the first time in 12+ years.
    DOMINATION
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    It's pitiful to watch some fans so blinded by their fascination with their teams that they ignore facts and the truth.

To think FSU is going to beat Miami which has owned them, or think FSU has a chance at a national championship this year is laughable at best.

• Options
    At least I know we sucked the last three years. Fortunately, our coach was a very good recruiter, so Urban has plenty of talent to work with.

I guess some fans are just blinded by the mustard and the ketchup.
  • Options

<< <i>It's pitiful to watch some fans so blinded by their fascination with their teams that they ignore facts and the truth.

To think FSU is going to beat Miami which has owned them, or think FSU has a chance at a national championship this year is laughable at best. >>

image could not have said it better myself!
  • Options
    For the record, I do not think that Florida will win a NC this year, either. But I do think we can win the SEC and go to a BCS bowl.

But that is only if everybody picks up Urban's system, and we can settle on a running back, which so far has not happened.
  • Options
    Well said Axtell.

Gator, I think the SEC East could be decided as early as September 17 when your boys play Tennessee. I think it's a toss-up. Although I believe LSU will win the SEC West, despite Broussard being out for the season, they play all their tough games at home.

Brian
  • Options
    I think we'll probably lose at LSU. The game at Bama is probably going to be a tough one also, and I wouldn't be surprised if we lost that one also.
  • Options
    gator

are you trying to compare Wyoming and LaTech to Miami and Boston College?? Your team hasn't even been in a national title
    hunt for years!! You have been the laughing stock of the SEC for two years now. Miss St made you all look silly last year. If
    it wasn't for teams like La Tech and Middle Tenn St, you all wouldn't have any wins!

oh and has far as the good recruiter....you still have your players because they aren't good enough for the NFL!

Its going to be another tough year in Hicksvil....errrr Gainesville

JS
  • Options
    Joe, I stand corrected.. You're not 12 years old because you are obviously a FSU grad.

Yes, our first THREE games are comparable. Read the ENTIRE post, not just the parts you want to read. Wyoming, LaTech, Tennessee vs. Miami, THE Citadel, Boston College.

The reason we haven't had many players drafted is they are NOT ELIGIBLE. Maybe youi haven't heard, but only juniors and seniors are draft eligible, and we have a very young team. Most of our starters are from the classes of 2002 and 2003.

Besides, if we are so awful, how did we manage to beat you guys last year? If I was you, I would be more concerned about Miami, since you've lost six straight to those guys.

Do you even read up on college football???
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Do you even read up on college football???

my guess is no. same thing for the NFL.

For what it's worth, I am a Fightin Irish fan and I know they are not going to even come close to winning the National Championship this season.

Compare their schedule to ANY TEAM ....
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Joe, do you even realize that THE Citadel is a Division 1-AA school?

None of the local high-school teams were available that weekend?
  • Options

<< <i>I think we'll probably lose at LSU. The game at Bama is probably going to be a tough one also, and I wouldn't be surprised if we lost that one also. >>

if you lose to LSU and Bama, (and tennessee as mentioned earlier) you will not likely get to the sec championship game, much less a bcs bowl image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think we'll probably lose at LSU. The game at Bama is probably going to be a tough one also, and I wouldn't be surprised if we lost that one also. >>

if you lose to LSU and Bama, (and tennessee as mentioned earlier) you will not likely get to the sec championship game, much less a bcs bowl image >>

Sure we could! LSU and Bama are in the western divison, so if Tenn and Georgia both lost twice in conference (a real possibility), and we beat those two we would hold the tiebreaker in the eastern division.

Beat the western division in Atlanta, and we win the SEC and go to the BCS.
  • Options
    FSU better do it this season, because next season, Chief Osceola won't be with them for any post season game, and who know what can happen.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options

<< <i>Do you even read up on college football???

my guess is no. same thing for the NFL.

For what it's worth, I am a Fightin Irish fan and I know they are not going to even come close to winning the National Championship this season.

Compare their schedule to ANY TEAM .... >>

The irish won't win 6 games let alone a title. Still hurting from the whooping we laid on them in south bend.

We own the swamp, and this year will be no different. Hurts don't it?
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    Skippy, I gave up on you when you couldn't back up anything you said with facts on your last thread.

I outgrew the whole "My team is the greatest ever and your team sucks" smack a long time ago.
  • Options

<< <i>We own the swamp, and this year will be no different. Hurts don't it? >>

I would certainly NOT bet more than about a quarter on FSU in that one, if I were you. there is a lot of season between now and that game. PLENTY of time for Urban to settle in.

If you want to put you money where your big fat mouth is, just feel free to let me know. image
  • Options
    Check out Lee's latest scrimmage #'s imagelink

and he's your #1 QB?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>We own the swamp, and this year will be no different. Hurts don't it? >>

I would certainly NOT bet more than about a quarter on FSU in that one, if I were you. there is a lot of season between now and that game. PLENTY of time for Urban to settle in.

If you want to put you money where your big fat mouth is, just feel free to let me know. image >>

I'd be willing to take that bet and run...how much we talking about here my friend?
    100? 200? 500?
    don't get shook now.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    these guys have there first scrimmage and you expect them to be all this? the kid is a freshman. Let's see some UM or UF stats here? I imagine that boy wright isn't doing that much better. And all this leak going to be a heisman candidate is pathetic. He will have atleast 3 lossess. And if Miss. State doesn't handle them again! Miss. State can't even beat maine! PATHETIC!
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    Maine>Miss St.>Florida>FSU

• Options
    you beat us by one score and you talk? give me a break. If we started rix we would have won and you know it! How sad!
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options

<< <i>you beat us by one score and you talk? give me a break. If we started rix we would have won and you know it! How sad! >>

There you go again with the baseless posts. Most of the games with Fla-FSU are close contests, and typically come down to one score.

Here's the facts:

1.) 20-13. If you didn't like who started at QB, take it up with your coaches, it was their decision.

2.) FSU won 38-34 in 2004 with some major zebra love. There were five fumbles in that game, all of which were ruled incorrectly in FSU's favor, which led directly to 21 points for FSU.

3.) In 2000, which was Mark Richt's last year as Offensive Coordinator, FSU averaged 39 pts/gm. Since Jeff Bowden assumed OC, that average has steadily declined, reaching a low last year of 25 pts/gm. That's the lowest total in over 20 years at Florida State.

4.) Since 2000, FSU has lost 17 games, with 15 of those losses coming in the years 2001-2005.

5.) Since the departure of Mark Richt following the 2000 season, the coaching staff at FSU has remained almost completely unchanged. This is holding true as they head into the 2005 season as well.

6.) FSU has lost 6 straight to Miami.

7.) Prior to 1947, FSU was an all-girls school.

8.) FSU offers courses in how to study to be both a chiropractor and a circus clown.
  • Options
    hard to argue with the facts. sad truth is that FSU is no longer the "power" they were a few years ago. and their "head coach" image is 109 years old and senile, so it is obvious that someone else is calling the plays (and not that well!)

I will take you bet SkippyMeLou and make it 500 image
  • Options
    aight 500$...Florida State will beat Florida in gainesville....I'll let you know how to workout payment methods.
    Lets hope you don't dissapear when they lose. Be a man like the pack fan on here and pay up...
    haha
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options

<< <i>hard to argue with the facts. >>

Yep, no point in even trying.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>hard to argue with the facts. >>

Yep, no point in even trying. >>

• Options

<< <i>aight 500$...Florida State will beat Florida in gainesville....I'll let you know how to workout payment methods.
    Lets hope you don't dissapear when they lose. Be a man like the pack fan on here and pay up...
    haha >>

I am not at all worried about anything except how I will be Spending YOUR money when the Gators win! image Meet you back here about 8pm, on 11/26/05
  • Options
    seems Coaches and Sportswriters ALL AGREE - Florida is Better than FSU! image

imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>seems Coaches and Sportswriters ALL AGREE - Florida is Better than FSU! image

imageimageimage >>

imageimage
  • Options
    we'll see who wins what....What we are ranked after we steam roll Miami.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    Funny how facts just sometimes seem to get ignored.
  • Options

<< <i>aight 500$...Florida State will beat Florida in gainesville....I'll let you know how to workout payment methods.
    haha >>

in case you do not remember.....

this is the thread were you a betting me $500 on FSU to win because you guys "own the swamp"!

let me know how you want to pay me. image
  • Options

haha >>

• Options
    yeah, we will get to see how much he really is a man. he not only talked smack back them about FSU but about me and how I would not pay up....................... so he gets to put that money where his mouth is LITTERALLY!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Can minors place bets?

Last I read, Lou was 'hoping' to make it in to FSU...and we all know how tough their entrance requirements are.
  • Options
    Looks like a bet to me. I lost $100 to Skip last year on a Vikes game, I paid up. Thats a steep bet though, shoulda kept it blue Collar man!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Noles in 05...Don't think No Different! >>

• Options

<< <i>WTF I DIDN'T BET! I had no clue this was still on even! If i did I would have paid!wtf ever...

seriously had he just confirmed we had this bet I would have remembered. I didn't even remember the damn bet! And with our recent slide there is no way in hell I would have made this bet. I can't believe you guys are making a big deal out of this bs >>

YOU need to read your OWN WORDS my young friend. YOU made the bet, and YOU came up with the $500 dollar figure, and YOU even said that you expected ME to run and hide and not pay................ to which I responded " I am not at all worried about anything except how I will be Spending YOUR money when the Gators win! image Meet you back here about 8pm, on 11/26/05 " which is EXACTLY what I did. How is it my fault that even though you are now too chickenshit to Pay up a bet you MOUTHED OFF and made ON YOUR OWN???

READ IT ALL ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD. http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=423966

And since you are being such a PunkAss about it, and coming up with the LAME excuse about "not remembering it", I assure you that I will NOT let this go until you pay up. and from the sound of it, neither will many others here.
  • Options
    Great ending today in Atlanta. Say goodbye to the top 25 image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great ending today in Atlanta. Say goodbye to the top 25 image >>

Brian's been waiting patiently for almost three years to make this post. image
  • Options
    3 years, what like 1975 more like it. Noles gift wrapped that one.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Noles gift wrapped that one. >>

Indeed they did, although they couldn't defend the perfect option when Nesbitt was healthy.

I was really surprised they didn't try another fade route considering the height advantage.